Friday, November 30, 2007

OH.MAN.

Sometimes I am so retarded. I'm going to share this story because I am still laughing about it.

I've said it before and I will say it again- being an accountant is dangerous. So, the other day I was at my clients. We are in a conference room with tile floors, wood chairs, and it's all encased in glass. So it's pretty much like we're in a fish bowl.

Well, being the smooth person I am, on this particular day, I decided to reach over to my left side to get something out of my purse. This proved to be a very bad decision. Instead of achieving success in getting whatever it was I was trying to get, I basically managed to put on a show for the whole office. It went something like this:

Girl auditor reaches over in her chair. It's too MUCH of a stretch and wood chair on tile doesn't stay stable. Wood chair flies out from underneath girl auditor, girl goes flying in the opposite direction of the chair. Not only that but girl and chair manage to pull down everything on the table on top of girl. Including laptops, notebooks, papers, calculators. [Luckily no drinks fell. That would have been TOTALLY disastrous.] Being that there were multiple large items falling there was quite a bit of noise so people came to look at the ruckus and the girl auditor splayed out in the fishbowl with a barrage of laptops and paper on top of her. People laughed. Hard.

The worst was the first guy who was so red from trying NOT to laugh I thought that he could give himself a hernia. I mean, for. the. love. of. god. I just made a total ass out of myself. Don't pretend like I'm not a total dumbass. Just laugh with me.

No comments: