Sunday, October 29, 2006

Halloween Weekend 2006

This weekend has been so much fun! Much better than the 40+ hour of studying weekend last weekend. Friday, I met my girlfriend Kelly for sushi. Then I ventured to my cousin's Halloween party that I decided to go to last minute. Of course, it was a rash decision after another happy hour I was supposed to go to got cancelled so I didn't have a costume. I was endlessly harassed but it was all good. Very fun, needless to say. Then some other people I knew were having a party so I dropped by there to visit. Next thing I knew, it was 4 a.m. I gotta say, I haven't had a night like that for a LONG time. I got up yesterday morning at 9 a.m. and went straight to my friend Melissa's house for a pumpkin carving brunch. I was pretty exhausted but it was a fun brunch with a great group of friends. The pumpkin carving was about like I remember it- gooey. Creative people probably like carving pumpkins but for the people like me in the world who only do the triangle face pumpkins, it's not so hot. But, like I said, the company was well worth it.

After that I headed home and then turned right back around to go to the infamous annual Halloween party hosted by this guy at my work. This party I was actually prepared for- I had my costume (rainbow brite- who I IDOLIZED as a kid) all lined up. My friend Carolyn came with me. She and I have known each other since grade school but haven't seen each other since high school graduation. I learned recently from a mutual friend that she is out here now (recently moved) and so we met once for sushi and then I invited her to come along with me to this. I think she had a pretty good time... everyone loved her! The party was a lot of fun... people are so creative with their costumes! I can't wait until Halloween next year (or maybe next weekend... I heard there are more Halloween parties)... it is so fun!

No comments: