Thursday, October 26, 2006

Is that singing I hear?

Scenario: I'm at the gym tonight. Running. Next to a girl, a fairly in shape girl who looks like a good person to run by (mainly because she has headphones on which means she won't try to talk to me. Headphones are ALWAYS something to look for at the gym). All of a sudden about halfway through my run, I start to hear singing. I glance at her without being obvious but come to the conclusion that it must have just been the radio. Then again. I look at her and she's singing "Walking in Memphis." Loud. At the top of her lungs. In the gym. People are looking at me. Trying to figure out if it is me or her that is singing. Walking in memphis. In the gym.

I guess I just don't get it. Maybe if she was good it would have been more enjoyable. But as it was tonight, it was all I could do to keep from laughing out loud. Yeah, it was that bad.

Another scenario: I'm in my car. With the windows down. Hey, it's nice in Arizona now- 70s...perfect. I have my music cranked and a car pulls up next to me. They also have their windows down and their music cranking. And when they are right next to me, I hear singing. Holy crap is that the LADY I hear? Yes, over my music and her music, I could hear her belting it out. I couldn't help but stare. She had one set of vocals.

No comments: