Saturday, October 28, 2006

I really dislike dumb people

So, OMG. I almost castrated someone on Thursday. Namely, the IT guy at the client I'm at right now. We were trying to get hooked up to the printer at the client. And we told the guy it wasn't a big deal but if it was easy to do, then that would be fantastic.

Well, apparently it wasn't so easy to do. My computer and my co-workers computer were completely jacked. Our domains were wiped out, we lost all of our settings, we lost bits and pieces of our hard drives, we couldn't log in, etc. Describing it doesn't do our actual reaction justice. And, again, this was all supposedly the relatively easy task of hooking us up to a printer.

The guy was on drugs. And I'm not just saying the dude was on drugs because I am mad at the outcome of what happened. I was told this by the president of the company AFTER we realized that we were headed back to our office to have our IT guys somehow fix our poor computers. Um, hello? Maybe you should disclose the fact that your IT guy is on drugs BEFORE I let him come 10 feet close to my computer!? And btw, how is your company even operating? Oh, you still use greenbar? Oh this is an issue we try to address every year? Ah, it makes so much more sense now. And the logical question: 1) Why is it acceptable to employ an IT guy that is on drugs?

I would have done less damage trying to do what this guy was trying to do if I was drunk. And trust me, that's saying something.

There was yelling that happened, profuse apologizing from the controller, president, etc. to us. It was an ENTIRE day (no joke- 8 straight hours) of just trying to get the computer fixed. That doesn't work so well to waste a day considering the tightness of my schedule right now.

And, needless to say, my IT guy was certainly not happy. He did not find it humorous when I told him in all seriousness that I had a message from the client's IT guy: "if you just have whoever it is working on your computer do exactly what I just did (and he wrote out the instructions), you will be golden and will never have any problems." Noted. Maybe I should send that to Microsoft or Apple. It might be helpful at least in training people into how to fix massive problems.

No comments: