Saturday, November 4, 2006

Swan Lake

This week has been insane. In fact, I think I say that every week now. Can I just have a chill week? It's been fun, though.

Last night I went with a couple of friends to the ballet, Swan Lake. It was beautiful... I haven't been to a ballet since I went to the Nutcracker a few years ago and I had forgotten how much I thoroughly enjoy going.

I almost died in the ghetto on the way TO the ballet. There was a suns game last night and being the idiot that I sometimes am, I forgot that I have to have cash to park in downtown Phoenix. Hello. So I had to find an ATM machine somewhere in the ghetto. I ended up at Walgreens at 7th Street and Thomas, which, if you know Phoenix, you know that it's a little sketchy there. I then proceeded to continue my smartness by taking back roads back to 3rd street and Washington (the nice part of downtown by the stadiums, symphony hall, etc). I especially loved the part where I drove by houses with police tape around them. Needless to say, I felt like quite the urbanite. The inner city girl in me certainly came out. After finally getting cash, we met at Kincaids, had a glass of wine and some brie cheese, and then walked to the ballet. At the end of the day, the ballet was absolutely superb. I was extremely impressed with the Arizona Ballet company.

No comments: