Friday, November 10, 2006

This post would be better with a picture...

But I haven't had a chance to take one.

The other day I had surgery. Intense, scary surgery.

Ok, so maybe I just had a mole removed. BUT. Can I just tell you that it hurt like f-ing hell?! And I now have stitches in my body where a chunk of skin was ripped out?

I was extremely scared before the surgery though because the doctor comes in (after I wait for 40 minutes) saying that he just caused a cyst to explode on him in another procedure he was performing. For sake of conversation and not really knowing what to say I asked, "well how does that happen?" And he says, "if you're not careful and you puncture it." Well, fantastic. So you're telling me that you were just NOT careful with the patient before me and you are going to proceed to cut me open? That makes me feel so. much. better.

Needless to say, it ended up ok with nothing bursting like the cyst dude before me. And now at least that sucker won't give me skin cancer.

2 comments:

Kristyn said...

yay for no skin cancer!!! i'm glad you're okay :) and i can't wait to see you in a week!!!

P1 said...

I'm always fascinated by the stories I read here. Oh, also, I'm glad you don't have skin cancer.