Sunday, October 9, 2016

Daily Owen & Bennett: 9.19.2016

Whelp, today did not quite end as I expected it to. I had a golf tournament today, and Owen has been fighting a little cold but was mostly over it (so we thought). He had a lingering cough, but we figured that was the last and it would be fine. I stayed in touch with Justin all day to see how his cough was doing, and it seemed like it was getting better. We were keeping him on stuff, keeping him steamed up in the shower, and he was acting fine/no fever, etc.

When I got home from golfing, I was packing to fly out at 6am the next day for California. I gave Owen a shower and noticed that, despite him acting/seeming fine, his breathing did not seem fine to me. It seemed shallow and like it was tough for him. It totally freaked me out. Justin said, we'll just watch it and see how it goes, and by this point, literally within an hour, his cough seemed worse, too. At that point, his breathing is totally freaking me out. Fast forward to about 8:30pm, and we decided it was best to take him in. There was no way anyone was going to sleep and no way in freaking hell was I going to get on an airplane if he still seemed like this through the night.

Turns out the little guy had bronchitis... very, very mild case of it, but nonetheless, it was good to take him in. After a breathing treatment, he was good as new, and basically dancing around the doctor's office (literally). I felt better knowing he was fine, especially since I was leaving, and he was able to get his lungs calmed down from the breathing treatment. It was still a pretty short night.





No comments: