Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pregnancy Round 2: Week 27.

Week 27. Third trimester. Home stretch. WHEEE!


Week 27 side view.


Week 27 front view.


Week 26 side view.


Week 26 front view.

How I'm feeling?
This week brought about the third trimester which kind of blows my mind. Kind of = totally. I also felt just kind of ick this week. Sort of like I felt in the first trimester but worse because on top of feeling disgusting I now cannot see my toes or bend over without making a complete spectacle of myself. So, yeah. Ick. I felt like puking, my stomach was just off, and I wasn't sick. It was like the all day sickness I dealt with for the first 18 weeks, so WHY STILL COME BACK? Feels like I paid my time on that one, so this pregnancy can seriously take the big middle finger. On top of that, I was dead tired. I was sleeping fine, but by about midday I could barely keep my eyes open. Like I said: welcome back first trimester. 

Have I ever mentioned that I really do not enjoy being pregnant? I know I should be the #1 advocate for being pregnant, right? 

How I'm changing?
Definitely getting bigger and bigger and bigger. HOWEVER! I am doing better about working out and had one of the best workouts in the past few months this week. We took a spin-type class and it was AWESOME. I sweat my butt off and for that one amazing hour I did not feel pregnant in the slightest. It was great. 

However, after that workout, we got in to the car for a 5 hour drive to Winthrop for a wedding and by the time I got out of the car, OUCH. Wasn't due to the workout, just due to being uncomfortable sitting for that long... swelling, baby poking all of my ribs, kicking me everywhere, etc. No fun.

What I'm eating?
I'm still on a quinoa kick but have added a new/old craving this week. Again, reverting back to my cravings of tri #1: Potato chips. Seriously so yum. Just plain old sea salt potato chips. The one thing new this weeks that relates a little bit to the first question is that breakfast just completely repulsed me. Anything breakfast related or the idea of eating breakfast just made me want to yak all over. 

Weight I'm gaining?
This week I was 143 pounds, up 2 from week 26. I didn't gain anything from the prior week and still just about 3 pounds off of where I was with Owen. 

How I'm sleeping?
Sleeping much better. Owen is not sick anymore and he's sleeping a consistent 10-11 hours at night (YES!) so the only time I'm up is if I have to pee- which is usually about once a night. I swear, I remember peeing about 4 times a night with Owen. Not complaining in the slightest that this is not the case this time. It's really unfortunate, though, because despite the fact that we are GETTING sleep, I'm back to feeling completely exhausted. Hopefully that will pass soon. 

What's the baby doing?
-The baby is 14.5 inches, or the size of a head of cauliflower (WOAH) and about 2 pounds
-Again, the baby just continues to grow- the lungs and immune system are continuing to develop for life outside the womb.
-The baby should be sleeping and waking at regular intervals and opening/closing his eyes (which were previously fused together).
-Hiccups are common now (no kidding!)
-Basically from here on out, everything is developed, the baby is just growing and preparing for the outside world


What we are doing to prepare for the baby?
Nada. Really have nothing else to say other than some time soon we are going to have to do SOMETHING.  I am getting very anxious in terms of nesting. IE: the house projects need to be done NOW. It's starting to freak me out that we are running out of time/weekends, when I'm sure that the last thing the baby will care about is if the crown molding is up or if the bathrooms are done. But I am obsessing about GETTING IT DONE. 

Random thoughts on pregnancy (pregnancy brain?)

I'm feeling a lot of anxiety... common for pregnancy, but still. I just feel completely overwhelmed about the thought of TWO KIDS and HOW THE HELL are we going to do that (coupled with getting crap done before #2 arrives...See above). Things are shifting and changing in our life right now as is, and this of course, represents a GIANT shift. I don't know why pregnancy brains are so prone to feeling anxious. I just want to get everything worked out in my head and it's just not going to be possible until the baby is here and we are muddling through it together.  

No comments: