Monday, June 9, 2014

Pregnancy Round 2: Week 25.

Week 25. DANG. The first 20 weeks went excruciatingly slow and then all of a sudden the past 5 weeks went by like WOW, what happened?! And now all of a sudden I sit here and I realize that it's now been three weeks since week 25 and I'm 28 weeks tomorrow. Time. is. flying.

Pictures:

Week 25 side view.


Week 25 front view.


Week 24 side view.


Week 24 front view.

How I'm feeling?
Just giant. Huge. I need one of those books that gives you similar words that mean the same thing because I'm having a mental block in thinking things other than big. huge. giant. I feel like that should be a constant, you know, something I don't even need to mention but every week I think I can't get or feel much bigger and then there it is - the overriding thing I think when I ask myself how I'm feeling. 

Also, I'm not sure if it was pregnancy or the midwest, but whatever it was HOLY CRAP. The allergies out there. I really thought my throat might close up and die. Everything itched... my arms, my legs, places on my body I didn't even know COULD itch. My throat itched so bad I googled "throat itching and pregnancy" to see if it was some weird pregnancy symptom (it wasn't). My eyes watered, I sneezed a million times. I never in my life have had allergies, especially like that but I was miserable. I still had the residual effects for a day after we returned to Seattle but then it went away. So I'm just going to chalk it up to some crazy pollen (or something) in the midwest that my pregnant body did not like. 

How I'm changing?
Starting to feel that round ligament pain as I'm starting to enter the 3rd trimester. We went on a few walks while still in Kansas City and I had quite a bit of cramping while I was walking that was interrelated to the round ligament pain. Also: ouch. 

We also made the return flight back from Kansas City which was LONG. It was after naptime so Owen was all fired up and refused to sleep and we had to actually turn back when we were about to take off in KC to let someone off the plane (not kidding). It was about a 3.5 hour flight and Owen wanted absolutely NOTHING to do with Justin. He only wanted me to hold him the. entire. way. Let me just say that as I change and grow, there is just not that much room on my lap anymore to facilitate a big belly plus a big toddler. 

What I'm eating?
This week I am completely off meat again. Sounds repulsive. In fact the only thing that continues to sound good is my pile of quinoa/hemp oil/spinach and sea salt. No idea why, but I'm just going with it. 

Weight I'm gaining?
This week I was 141. Phew. Holding pretty steady with the one pound gain from the prior week and thank GOODNESS for no more crazy weird scale flips.

How I'm sleeping?
I'm tired. Owen slept like crap at my parents house and getting back in to the swing of things has been a little rough as well. 

What's the baby doing?
-The baby is 13.5 inches, the size of a rutabaga and 1.5 pounds
-The baby's body parts are becoming more proportional to each other and baby fat is continuing to fill in the baby's skin.
-More and more hair is growing and it actually has color and texture
-That's about it for the kid...he's just growing and hanging out.

What we are doing to prepare for the baby?
Nada. Done nothing. Zilch. 

Random thoughts on pregnancy (pregnancy brain?)

There was a person in Kansas City this week who said to me: "How far along are you?" (Keep in mind also that this was in Buybuy baby- a BABY STORE). I said, "oh, I'm just over 6 months along." She said "OH, wow, I know someone who is exactly at that same stage and you can barely tell she's pregnant- bet you don't have that problem." HA.HA.HA. I kind of looked at her and debated giving her the middle finger but then just moved along. BUT, my point it- people are just rude. It kind of covers the board in every facet, but there's something about pregnancy and then motherhood that just brings out the complete rudeness and unsolicited advice from just about everyone. I'm not sure where or why it ever got to this point, but I always try to be completely judgmental when I see either a pregnant lady or a mom (who might be on the verge of pulling her hairs out one by one because her toddler is driving her so nuts. WE'VE ALL BEEN THERE). We all try to do the best we can and make the best decisions for ourselves and our children. And in pregnancy, every body reacts different. Some people are huge, some are not. Whatever. At the end of the day if we all have healthy kids, it's a pretty good deal. Aside from scenarios where it's apparent there's abuse or neglect or something going on that warrants stepping in, people just just shut the hell up!  

No comments: