Monday, June 9, 2014

Pregnancy round 2: Week 26.

Another week down, another week closer to baby day! Chugging right along. I'm not sure why time seems so accelerated NOW but the first 18-20 weeks felt like someone was slowly cutting my extremities off one by one as a means of extreme torture. Maybe it was because then I was so miserable in terms of being exhausted and nauseous and now I feel relatively "normal" so maybe I'm just back in to my old rhythms without giving much thought to the fact that I'm pregnant every waking moment (you know, because I don't feel like hurling every 2.5 seconds).

Pictures:


Week 26 side view. Again, please disregard our hilarious bathroom that has not been touched by "house project 2013." On the docket... 


Week 26 front view. 


Week 25 side view.


Week 25 front view. 

How I'm feeling?
Not even going to make the comment about feeling large and in charge. You guys know. 

Otherwise, feeling pretty good- relatively normal, like I said. Headaches are minimal and few and far between. Joint pain is minimal. I'm starting to feel more awkward in movements but really right now in pregnancy is a pretty sweet time. 

How I'm changing?
Something is definitely starting to happen as I felt my first braxton hicks this week- essentially your uterus "practicing" for labor. I thought that I felt them with Owen but I am not 100% sure I ever really did. I really didn't know what they were supposed to feel like. After having gone through Owen's birth/labor, now I have more "feeling" down there, so I feel like I am hyper cued in to braxton hicks contractions. Nothing like the real thing but definitely get your attention. 

What I'm eating?
Same as last week. No meat and only want to eat quinoa/hemp oil/spinach and sea salt. Seriously could eat this all day ever day. Oh, and peanut butter. Yum. 

Weight I'm gaining?
This week I was 141 again. No gain from the prior week. I'll take it. 

How I'm sleeping?
Bah. Owen has been sick with a cough and so has been waking up multiple times at night. In addition, Justin went on a golf trip with the boys and Owen actually vetoed a nap one day that weekend AFTER being up 2-3 times the night before. I'm not a big sleeper as is (I despise naps) but holy cow, I could really use a nap. 

What's the baby doing?
-The baby is 14 inches and 1.75 pounds, or the size of a hothouse cucumber
-The baby's lungs and brain continue to develop more and more and he can hear outside voices better and sense light 
-Basically from here on out, everything is developed, the baby is just growing and preparing for the outside world.


What we are doing to prepare for the baby?
This question is starting to get embarrassing because we have still done nothing. We have decided on names, so I guess that's something but I'm kind of digging here because we've known those for a while now. 

I did go to the midwives this week and everything looks good-it was the first appointment ever that Justin didn't make it to! Have to go back in 2 weeks for the dreaded glucose test. Baby is doing great though- breech now, which is no surprise to me as I am constantly getting kicked in the bladder. Let me tell you, THAT is not fun when you think "WOAH" and then "CRAP, you almost made me piss myself kid!" Owen was breech for a while too, and really no big deal. They eventually flip themselves but because it is so uncomfortable for me- because I think we have another tall baby (and therefore not much space in me), I did go to the chiropractor to get the babe to flip. I'll try acupuncture here again, too, if there's no flipping in the next few weeks.  

Random thoughts on pregnancy (pregnancy brain?)

Pregnancy dreams. If only people could experience a night of pregnancy dreams just ONCE, their lives would be complete. It is the most vivid and trippy thing ever if you get the pleasure of having a true pregnancy dream. I think because I have been so sleep deprived and not getting that "deep" sleep, I have been more in tune to the dreams I've been having. And let me tell you, there have been some good ones. I tell Justin about them and he's just like "where do you come up with this stuff?" Just hilarious. 

No comments: