Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pregnancy round 2: week 23.

Here we are again: 23 weeks and again a little belated as I'm currently just shy of 26. At 23 weeks pregnant with Owen, we were in Hawaii. Ahhh. That sounds so nice right about now. I guess the days of a 'babymoon' become mitigated once you have a baby. Wahhh.


23 weeks side shot.


23 weeks front shot.


AND new this week: GOODBYE belly button. See you soon [sad face].



22 weeks. What the heck happened in a week?! 


22 weeks front.

How I'm feeling?
I guess I'm feeling pretty good. I just feel so HUGE this time around. I mean, like 400 million times larger than last time. I've said it before and I'll say it again- I feel like I should be just a few DAYS from giving birth not weeks and certainly not MONTHS. I have the hip pain that started up around this time with Owen and like I mentioned before, I already stopped running. Still working out, walking, and hiking but it's a little bit more sporadic and sometimes efficient in an effort to work it in between everything else. 

I get asked a lot if this pregnancy is different than the pregnancy with Owen and my answer is a resounding YES. I wouldn't necessarily say it is harder, it's just different. I feel bigger, more uncomfortable, was sicker, etc. I'm not quite sure if this is just a function of being more hyper aware of being pregnant this time or if it's a function of chasing a toddler and not having the time to put my feet up (so to speak), but it just is what it is. I didn't ENJOY being pregnant before but I also don't remember being so blatantly miserable in a variety of ways with Owen. Looking back at blog posts, I think I was but thanks to mommy/birthing/newborn brain, I blocked it out. Good news is, I think the same is bound to happen with this one, too. 

How I'm changing?
See above. My belly button conceded the fight this week. I went from innie to outtie. Boo hoo. From looking at pictures from last time (from Hawaii), my belly had not quite expanded as far yet and I still had my belly button ring in. There would be no hope of that ring still being in this time! 

What I'm eating?
I am craving the weirdest thing this week and I just can't get enough of it. It's the "diet" I was on when I was breastfeeding Owen from about 2-4 months and he had massive green poops (meaning he was having a sensitivity to something in my diet). Anyway, to try to help him out, I had to cut out virtually everything from my diet and existed on ground turkey, spinach, quinoa, hemp oil, and sea salt. Every meal. All day. Seriously. And now that is all I'm craving. I literally eat it every night and would eat it every morning, for lunch, snacks, etc., if I could. Weird, right? 

Weight I'm gaining?
137 pounds this week, which is the same as I weighed last week. Zero gain this week, I'll take it! 

How I'm sleeping?
Really nothing to complain about in this area at all, surprisingly. I know this might be a cruel joke because time is ticking to where I won't be sleeping at all. Cue someone's evil laugh...  

What's the baby doing?
-The baby is about 11.5 inches long or the size of a large mango and now weighs over a pound (so it grew .5 inches and gained .1 pound this week? Sheesh. And sidenote- logistically, I am still boggled by the fact that something that big is in my stomach).
-The baby is picking up it's activity and as it gets bigger, you feel it more often and more intensely (NO KIDDING. He is big enough now, that you can actually see my stomach move as he/she moves. It's pretty funny.)
-Blood vessels in the lungs are developing to prepare for breathing and the hearing is becoming more keen
-The pancreas is kicking into gear this week also
-Good news this week is that the baby is ALMOST to the point where he would have a fighting chance of surviving if he were to be born this early.
-Mostly the baby continues to grow and grow and is moving all about (seems like this will be the constant until birth).

What we are doing to prepare for the baby?
The kitchen project continued and was finished this week. It was really FOR the baby but it was one of those things that needed to be done BEFORE the baby so I'll count it. Thank GOD that is over. Now we have a few other big projects to do before the baby gets here. (Also: wish us luck). 

Random thoughts on pregnancy (pregnancy brain?)

How did I forget about pregnancy paranoia? OH.MY.GOSH. One night this week, I literally could not go to sleep and had Justin go in to Owen's room about 15 times because I was SURE that Owen's curtains were going to catch on fire (they are right by the heater), and his whole room would bust up in flames. Literally, I was so freaked out by this thought and consumed with it, that I was practically in tears. Irrational, yes. But at the time, it felt very real. Thanks pregnancy hormones, just thanks. 

No comments: