Monday, May 5, 2014

Pregnancy round 2: Week 21.

Another week down (and getting caught up as I am now almost 23 weeks).

Pictures:

 
Week 21 side.

 
Week 21 front.

 
Week 20 side.

 
Week 20 front.
 
How I'm feeling?
After week 20, week 21 was a relative breeze. Reveling in the second trimester glory... felt pretty awesome all week, really. The dizziness was gone (or maybe just controlled via electrolytes), no headaches, no sickness. It was one of those weeks where I felt mildly normal.
 
BUT. Again: stop reading now if you don't want TMI.
 
Remember last time when I was pregnant with Owen and talked about the whole, um, blockage thing? IE: to put it quite bluntly, not shitting? Yeah. I've been lucky so far now in that department in this pregnancy until this week. Let's just say that at the end of this week, I was loading up on probiotics, enzymes, prune juice, and the like. Bah.
 
How I'm changing?
This week I was cramping quite a bit. Again, relatively normal for pregnancy as long as there is no blood or anything scary like that accompanying it. It's really just a sign of the uterus growing and expanding, which would make sense as the belly continues to visibly grow.
What I'm eating?
Eating everything I normally do. I am not eating much gluten or dairy (if any), as I really don't eat much of that when I'm not pregnant. I am eating meat this time around (did with Owen too). I need the protein and I crave it when I'm pregnant so I just go with it. When I'm not pregnant it grosses me out, so I just follow whatever my body tells me. Whatever works.

Weight I'm gaining?
136 pounds this week. I was 135 last week, so again with the one pound a week weight gain. I'll take it.
 
How I'm sleeping?
Again, sleeping great when I get to sleep. I just have this turtle who likes to wake me up. I will say that this pregnancy I am drinking caffeine. I totally gave it up with Owen, but there's just no way this time around. It's pretty widely understood that a cup of coffee a day is totally ok while pregnant, and I've been having a cup or so of tea a day (less caffeine than coffee) so I figure I am good. It helps with the no sleep thing, for better or worse.
 
What's the baby doing?
-The baby is about 10.5 inches or the size of a banana (um, last week it was compared to a small cantaloupe.... is it me or doesn't a banana seems smaller than a cantaloupe?)
-The baby's digestive system is still developing and he is swallowing amniotic fluid and absorbing some sugar
-The baby mostly occupies himself by sucking on his thumb and moving about in the womb (YOU DON'T SAY)
-Other than that, the baby is just continuing to grow, grow grow (and will from here on out).

 
What we are doing to prepare for the baby?
OH! We bought a car! To be able to fit two car seats! That's a HUGE deal and a huge step in preparing for this kid. YES!
 
(See here for post on the car).

Random thoughts on pregnancy (pregnancy brain?)

I am not sure if it was buying the bigger car this week or the ever expanding belly but it occurred to me this week that we are ACTUALLY having another baby. As in a for reals live baby that isn't Owen but IN ADDITION to Owen. (Does this sound crazy? Welcome to pregnancy). I mean, clearly, I've KNOWN I'm pregnant this whole time and it's been cute and all of that (well, some moments are not so cute), but I literally almost had a panic attack this week when I realized that there are going to be TWO KIDS. TWO. TWO real live ones, folks. WOW. Awesome, exciting, scary, and hold your breath and try not to poop your pants kind of moment (except don't worry about that last one because remember that isn't happening right now in pregnancy anyway).  

No comments: