Monday, May 5, 2014

32.

A couple of days ago, I turned 32 years old. I need to repeat that now for the next 45 minutes so I can come to grips with it. I'm not really sure when 32 happened since yesterday I was just 21. I'm not complaining about feeling old because I don't. I just frankly can't quite comprehend the passage of time.

The day, or rather week, started off perfectly. My sweet husband had gotten me a little gift every day for the week leading up to my birthday (WINNER!) On my actual birthday, I got up a little early thanks to Mr. O. He decided he really wanted to spend some time with me and make sure I utilized every hour of my birthday. Hello 5am! As a result of him going to bed a little later the night before, he was quite the cranky pants. So, I dropped him off at the nanny's around 8am and headed to Kirkland where I walked around the water for an hour (BY MYSELF! AMAZING!) and then ended the walk with a coffee at cafe ladro. Again, amazing. I then headed in to Bellevue where I worked out. It was a double whammy of mom time, which was SO nice. Love Oeo to death, but this was awesome.

To commemorate the changing season in my life (you know, TWO KIDS), I officially gave up my decade of "little cars" and embraced the fact that I now need a car to support multiple people (and more importantly, car seats). It was kind of a sad moment in that regard. We bought the car the other day but this particular model is pretty rare so it had just come in to port when we test drove it a few days prior and was not available for us to take delivery until my birthday. Pretty awesome and made for a pretty cool birthday present. Since we'd already done all of the paperwork, we just walked in and basically got the car. It was really awesome and to top it off the car is pretty great too. A little big, but I'll get used to it.



I will miss the little BMW!

Also: someone gave me another birthday wish and made it 78 degrees and sunny on my birthday. Definitely one of the best presents ever.

After picking up the car, we went to a birthday lunch, then went to pick up the turtle. We topped off the afternoon and evening with dinner AND Justin and Owen made me a homemade gluten free german chocolate cake (my favorite). It was seriously delicious. Even Oliver liked it!

 
I couldn't have asked for a better day, or really, a better life. I am so blessed beyond belief. 32 is going to be a great year.

No comments: