Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Memorial Day weekend 2012


Memorial day weekend was really pretty quiet around here. We didn't have the kids, didn't really have plans so we just took it easy and kind of did whatever we felt like.


On Saturday we went to coffee with our friend Amy and her brand new baby Charles. He was so sweet and Justin was a serious natural with him!

After we left coffee, we (well, I) had grand plans to get our flowers planted and our yard all set up. I don't think Justin was as thrilled but it needed to be done and I needed help. We stopped to buy flowers which by the way, I am CLUELESS about so I just picked ones that looked pretty, and then we stopped at costco to buy a table and chairs for our patio. A few hours later and this was the final product: 




And we put our feet up and soaked up the sun and played cards. The rest of the weekend was pretty much more of the same. It was the first weekend in a while we'd had totally free so it was much needed.