Thursday, June 7, 2012

First (and last?) wedding of 2012.

For the past 5 or so years, every summer has involved a string of weddings in the summer... "wedding season." I have gone to or been in upwards of 8 weddings in one summer but in the past few years as our friends have gotten older the weddings have started to diminish a bit. Last year there was only 2 or 3, for example. This summer, we had one wedding for our good friends Andy and Shauna on June 2 and it might just be the only wedding we go to all summer. Crazy!

In May, I did a couple of things with Shauna and her girlfriends to help prepare for the big day- including a day trip to Portland for her bachelorette party (they stayed all weekend, but two of my girlfriends and I just went down for the day), and we had a lingerie shower for her at my house in late May.

All of a sudden, her wedding weekend was here and we got the honor of taking care of the couples' puppy, Lucy:


We had the kids that weekend so we all had fun playing with Lucy. She is a great dog! (But no, I do not think I will be getting a dog anytime soon). The boys watched Lucy and we were off to the wedding:




It was a gorgeous wedding, great friends, good food. We had a great time!