Friday, October 28, 2011

We'll call it: in honor of fall.

What can I say? I was bored. And pasty white. We'll thank the pacific northwest for the latter. It's been about, oh, two months since my body saw a ray of sunlight enough to create something more than what I like to call this "casper effect". As a result, my beach blonde look really wasn't working for me anymore. And, like I said, I was bored. I've been blonde for the majority of my life. So, I changed it up a bit. The hair that is, we are talking about hair.


First up, I had to fill in my hair shafts. I did not know this was a step but apparently it is. So, I got to be carrot top for a while. I had a similar experience back in 2007 when I moved up to Seattle and SOMEHOW my crazy hair person made me a goth freak with black hair (read also: the definition of TRAUMATIC. Big giant HUGE life changes- you know, divorcing, new job, moving across the country and on top of it? Goth black hair!) Anyway, I lived. But, to get back to blonde back then? I went through every shade of red. Including the one above! (except for in 2007 I was this shade of red for a week, versus 10 minutes). (You can read that hair memo from way back when by clicking here).


The end result? A chestnut brown brunette with shades of red in it... but really, you can't see the red much here (and pardon the "I just worked out look." I had just worked out...clearly).


The next morning, I tried to take a more presentable picture. It was 5am, still not the best shot but you get the idea. And there you have it. I like it for now. It's warm, I look less pasty. Brown hair, fall colors. It's definitely fall up in here.

And the thing about hair that really makes it so fun? You can always change it again.

No comments: