Sunday, October 30, 2011

Another one down.

Another weekend, no kids...again. We thought we'd have at least one of them so we were pondering what to do, what to do once we found out we had neither of them.

And also, another post entirely: teenagers! You guys know I like to do things backwards, that's why I started with teenagers, not babies. I figure I have my 30s to figure life out in the appropriate manner, right? Or at least that's what some people like to believe. I think I've got it figured out just fine. The way I see it: I was a god-awful teenager, admittedly. It is by FAR the biggest reason I wouldn't have kids (well, that and puke...but I think I can pawn off the puke thing to my much more puke tolerant husband). To start off being a mom (well, a step mom) with the age I am most afraid of? This is BRILLIANT. I actually KNOW what I'm getting into (or at least more than I would otherwise) before deciding to crack out a kid. Anyway, I'll leave all that for another day's post.

On to less important things, like, what we did this weekend when the kiddos were busy being teenagers with dates and halloween dances....

Friday night, we headed over to the Meyers for the 3rd annual pumpkin carving. I have no pictures to commemorate the event but you can see Stacie's post by clicking here.

The following day, we hung around in the morning before we really started moving and at about 2pm we headed to do some errands and then to Seattle to explore.


First stop: Queen Anne and all of its cute little shops. It was a great day for walking around Seattle and doing some shopping.


After Queen Anne, we headed to Discovery Park. I'd never been there before but Justin used to live over in Magnolia so this was his home turf. It was a HUGE park and absolutely beautiful.


The breathtaking Puget sound on yet another sunny Seattle fall day.



Funny story about this picture: someone saw it on Justin's facebook page and told him that they were going to yell at him for taking a cute picture with some other girl (and ask if I knew about it!) He had to explain that it was indeed me... with brown hair. And sunglasses.

After Discovery park, we headed into Ballard for more shopping and putzing around. LOVE Ballard. Wish I got over there more often.


Eventually we landed back at Cafe Flora for dinner. Once again, it did not disappoint. And after a glass (or two) of wine, I got camera happy and took a bazillion pictures of Justin...like the one above and the few below (trust me, I only included a few here for your viewing pleasure and for his sheer embarrassment).


I will say here: he got hard cider to drink. It was PERFECT for a chilly fall day. So good.



One more shot....

Today we've spent the day cleaning up around the house, working some, going to yoga and generally just laying low. It was another great weekend.

No comments: