Monday, October 31, 2011

A Halloween story.

So, the Friday before Halloween the lights in our bathroom flickered when I turned them on at 5am. They came right back on and no other power was out so I figured it was just a fluke.

The next day?

Same thing. Weird. Starting to feel a little like some sort of weird ghost story... especially with Halloween so close and the thought of all things ghouly on our minds.

BUT! The power comes back. Then 5 minutes later? Flickers and POOF. Gone again. Huh.

We start screwing around with other switches and outlets to find that all other outlets work aside from the two bathroom outlets. All other lights work in the house aside from 3- the overhead bathroom lights, the bedroom overhead lights, and the stair lights. We flipped all breakers but no success.

Weird.

So, next step? Aside from candle light showers, of course. (WHICH, by the way, are actually kind of romantic... I think I might adopt this practice in the future just because it is quite nice. Although I will say: Shaving your legs by candlelight leaves for WAY too many missed spots. Good thing it's freezing up here and my legs are pretty much always covered...) I will mention as well: a dark candlelit shower on Halloween? Not really sure I'm a fan.

Anyway, next step is to get an electrician out here. We've already had two stand us up (really? Are electricians that much in demand around Halloween?) The one we just talked to thinks it's probably either a) a loose wire or b) an animal that ate through a wire. He somehow didn't validate my idea of a ghost. I am hoping for option a here.... I'm not sure that I like the idea of an animal OR a ghost. Though as Justin said, perhaps the ghost made the wire come loose? Spooky.

Happy Halloween! Maybe we'll give our ghost lots of candy... maybe then he/she/it will let our power come back on to our several (weird) select outages....

No comments: