Monday, January 3, 2011

And the 2011 year starts off with.....

Drum roll, please...

A broken foot!

AWESOME.

Consistent with the fact that I can't seem to go more than 3.5 months without some sort of an injury, I started to feel a little bit of pain when we were at home in Kansas City for Christmas. This really isn't too random or weird and consistent with my stupidity and love for running (HI, I'm a runner- WE ARE ALL GENERALLY LIKE THIS), I thought I could run through it. Well, that lasted about 30 seconds. No way in HELL was I running through THIS. I couldn't even do the elliptical.

HELLO, BIKE, remember me?

My sweet loving boyfriend was thrilled.

Not that I was injured but that I was once again stuck on, er, I mean loving riding the bike.

I thought that if I did the bike thing for a week or so, I'd be fine. NOPE.

I could barely WALK after 2 weeks. So January 3rd, I hobbled my way in to the ortho surgeon who specializes in sports injuries and found out what I'd thought all along: a stress fracture. On the top of my foot- my fourth toe. And fast forward a few weeks to where the boot wasn't helping at all... The doctor said it looked like an atomic bomb went off on that bone and he gave me crutches. UGH. And no running for at LEAST 2 months. Well, last busy season it was the stupid achilles, this busy season it was a stress fracture. #*$&#

Since I'm writing this in, oh, March, I can say (happily) that I have been boot free for 2 weeks...and just ran almost 7 miles yesterday- the first time since December! It's been a long road but I'm (finally) on the road to recovery.

No comments: