Saturday, November 27, 2010

Exploring Seattle

On the Friday after Thanksgiving, we all got up early to continue our sight seeing tour with Miss Carolyn. This included hitting all of the Seattle sights we hadn't hit earlier in the week. Luckily Justin was off work because he just so happens to be a GREAT tour guide and knows much more about the city than I do.

First stop: Seattle center which includes the space needle. We got some great pictures here. Of course only one of them was on my camera (aka: phone).

Second stop: Seattle waterfront. We went to one of the little touristy shops (Ye Old Curiousity shop for anyone who has been here before) and played around some... including seeing how madly in love we are (the machine behind us). Apparently we have hot burning love. Justin looks scared.

After the touristy shop, we headed over to eat some Seattle oysters at Elliotts Oyster House, one of the best places to get oysters in Seattle and right on the water as well. Carolyn needed the experience. As did Bailey who had never had oysters before. Here he is trying the first one...

And down the hatch....

From his face, you'd think he thought they were terrible but he actually really liked them. Carolyn and Justin did too. Oliver and I, however, were not fans but I knew that going in.

Third stop: After the oyster fest, we headed up north into Ballard to the Ballard lochs. There weren't a ton of boats coming in/out but it wasn't raining so it was still fun to be there.

Fourth stop: Fremont troll!

And Bailey posing in front of the Fremont troll. After stopping in Fremont, we headed straight to the gym. I think Justin and I were DYING from not working out for several days, especially since we had gorged ourselves over Thanksgiving. So we decided to squeeze in a little workout Friday afternoon. I can't even tell you how good it felt.

We rushed back home after working out and then headed straight to Seattle where we had sushi on 1st avenue at Japonessa (where we were in the above picture). Usually I go to Wasabi Bistro but it's been closed because of remodels lately. I may just head to Japonessa from here on out... it was AMAZING. And it was happy hour too so it was AMAZING and not expensive. Great combo. After sushi we headed to the Main Event which just so happened to be tickets to the frames concert. I heard about the frames from Carolyn who I thought might have a minor heart attack when she found out they were in Seattle when she was. The main guy (Glen) was the star in the movie Once (that's how most people know the frames) but the frames have been around for years and I guess are just awesome. WELL. Now I KNOW they are just awesome. It was the best concert I've been to in a long time. They had so much passion, so much energy, and were just plain GREAT musicians. I think there were several times that I was almost in tears from them playing. It was awesome. They played from about 10pm-1am so it was a LONG set too. Incredible and a great, great end to an already good day.

No comments: