Friday, September 4, 2009

Because I don't already post enough about the puppy...

The puppy has had a bit of a rough patch. Wait, I've started a post like this before? No way. Not our pup, she's never been sick.

Anyway, yes, rough patch... She's had TONS of energy (shocker) but has still also been fighting her tummy battle, which is getting better. Almost 100%. However, because she's been fighting that, her immune system is NOT 100%. We took her to the dog park last weekend and she broke out in a major rash from running through tall grass (despite giving her a medicated bath after the fact) and from fighting that her immune system apparently didn't have the capacity to fight anymore so now she has a sinus infection which she probably also picked up at the dog park (gross, by the way-the infection, not the dog park. Although I have to wear "dog clothes" to the dog park because somehow, without fail, I always get slobbery, which I guess is kinda gross).

It was quite a bummer that she got the sinus infection when she did because I went to a new trainer to check out the place with my friend Lindsay and her dog Burton yesterday. We were going to a dog play date at the place so Bella could play while I met the trainer and checked out the facility (for boarding when we go to Hawaii). But instead Bella was sick and had to stay in the car (I know, ANIMAL ABUSER! It was 65 degrees out and cloudy and I left her in the car for 10 minutes. Someone, please, call animal services!!)

In my haste (and being the animal abuser that I am...ok, ok enough comments on that) I took her with me thinking she could stay in the car while I toured the facility, met the trainer and then would meet the trainer herself. Then I was planning on taking her to the vet afterwards. This was not a great idea. Note to self: a dog that is releasing 1 million pounds of snot per hour+brand new car? Does not make mom a very happy camper. I feel bad for the dog, I really do but SERIOUSLY? I have 200 miles on the car... and there was snot encrusted in every crevice after TEN minutes. Ugh. I was also sad for her that she didn't get to play because the field was awesome and she would have loved it. Oh well, she's back on antibiotics now so I'm sure she'll be feeling 100% in no time (assuming they don't screw up her near perfect tummy...) Sigh. And the car is fine too after I cleaned the shit out of it (almost literally) when I got home.

In the meantime, here are some happier pictures of our poor sick pup that I've never posted. She's really not doing too bad for everything she has going on... She thinks she feels great! I really can't wait until we are out of this puppy stage though... no more sickness!

When we went to my cousins graduation in June, she stayed with our friends and their boxer (her buddy), Dallas. She loves him...obviously.

And again... yep, she loves him.

With Mr. Monkey during that same trip... still her favorite toy and her only one still intact that she's had since Day 1.

About a month ago, right before we went to Kansas City, looking cute. She now has a new pink collar which she loves. And it totally fits her for the princess she is.

While we were in Kansas City, she got more time with our friends and Dallas. Here they are snoozing, exhausted after playing hard. She is eating up this time she gets to sleep on the couch (and the bed, above). She doesn't get those privileges at our house. It really was a vacation for her, too!

On the way to go play... Lola (the dog on the left) is a little dog. It took a while for her and Bella to get along since they are both dominant (aka: bossy) females.

Dallas and Bella sniffing along in the car. Too cute.

No comments: