Thursday, September 10, 2009

09.09.09

I'm sure yesterday was a really popular wedding day... kinda like how 08.08.08 and 07.07.07 and 06.06.06 were...and the preceding few years where all of the numbers were the same. I don't really get the numbers thing. I mean, sure, it's all the SAME.NUMBER. Woah. I mean, I feel like I should be impressed or do something special or something but honestly? I really don't care. Anyway, I digress.

So, yesterday was really nothing special, even though we WERE ON ALL 9's. It was a day in which I got to see Tim as he got off shift yesterday morning and those days are always great. But, that being said, it was just a normal day in the Jones house.

And this is how these normal days go (ahem, because I have the best husband in the world)...

While I am hard at work, Tim is running errands for us or cleaning the house or both. Sometimes (usually) he doesn't get much sleep on shift (meaning no sleep for about 30 hours) so he takes a nap in the morning and then does whatever needs to be done when he wakes up. Yesterday he did all the laundry, cleaning, etc. and THEN went out and ran errands for us (grocery store, etc- you know all the crap that has to be done but just gets to be a pain because it ALWAYS seems like there is something? Yeah.) And then not only that, but he took Bella to run and play with her boxer friend Sadie (who is 5 years old but only as big as Bella at 9 months- too cute) so that Bella would be tired and we could relax for the night. And THEN he makes us dinner, has a glass of wine ready for me, and lots of times has fresh flowers waiting for me when I get home(who can ever complain about getting flowers?!) So normal for us=I have the best husband EVER (oh did, I say that already? Sorry, I just want to make everyone throw up multiple times in one post).

When I come home, this is what I am greeted by:

Fresh flowers waiting for me on the table- beautiful!

And an up close shot of the pretty summer flowers. Love them!

Tim prepping stuff to make for dinner. Usually our dinners are pretty low key and simple and we make them together, which we like doing because it's more fun to do things together (and it goes faster!) But yesterday, he decided to make a more fancy dinner and he had everything prepped when I got home. The menu was: teriyaki marinated wild Alaskan salmon, garlic red mashed potatoes, and red-chile pepper steamed asparagus...all complimented by a glass of chilled white wine which was waiting for me when I walked in the door (Riesling, if you were curious). Who doesn't love that surprise? Mmmm.

Yes! And bonus!! T ran the dog! The puppy is ZONKED. I love tired puppies more than anything in this world. She could barely get up to say hi to me. Here I was saying her name and she was looking at me but not moving.

A close up of the dinner...so yummy.

And the table set and ready to eat.
I have to admit, I am pretty spoiled because even though this 9's day was probably pretty special to people out there, to me it was really just another day where I am reminded of how awesome Tim is. It's enough that he runs errands and cleans on his days off but so many times, he'll do stuff like this- make a nice dinner, buy flowers, run the puppy... all just because he wants to take care of me and to show me that he loves me. I really feel so blessed! I'm so glad that our relationship works like this, that we love each other that much- we both do these things for each other anytime and everytime it's possible just because we can and we care and to us, it's normal.

No comments: