Monday, September 21, 2009

Add it to the list called "Ways in which I abuse my dog"

So as everyone saw here, I am a terrible animal owner, irresponsible and should never have kids. To continue in the trend of not taking care of the puppy, I spent all weekend taking care of her, playing with her, and probably creating a mini boxer heaven for her.... as follows:

A couple of days after The Incident, as I will now refer to it, our breeder Sue flew into town from Idaho. The purpose of her visit was to see all of her babies that had come to live with families in Seattle. Yes, we have the most awesome breeder EVER. I'm sure she is an avid practicer of animal abuse too [SARCASM].

Below are the pictures and story of the day we spent with Sue:

Bella and I picked Sue up at her hotel early yesterday morning. After saying hi to Bella and commenting about how good Bella looks and what a happy dog she is (hard to restrain myself here from commenting....), we drove out to Snoqualmie falls. Sue has a picture on her wall of a relative by the falls and has always wanted to see them. So I offered to be her tour guide. We picked a great day for it.

Sue, me, and pretty puppy Bella at the falls.

After leaving the falls, we took a quick tour of our town and our house and then headed to the dog park where we were meeting all of the other puppies and families.
Above is a picture of all of the dogs. The puppy on the very left is Tucker- he is Bella's litter mate and brother. He was HUGE and adorable. The dog Bella is sniffing is Max, I believe. He is one of the little, little guys we saw here when we got Bella. The dog at the top is Lola. She is from the very first litter and is about a year and 3 months old. All in all, about 7 dogs showed up- all under a year and a half. It was CRAZINESS. Bella was the only reverse brindle meaning she was the darkest of the bunch and, I believe, the cutest but I am biased. I also thought she was one of the best behaved. Again, I'm biased but she did GREAT especially considering how insane it was with so many puppies running around.

And another shot of the dogs before we let them loose.

Here's a group shot after about 2 hours of playing. The dog to the left of us is Bella's brother, Tucker. Sue, the breeder, is to my right. To the right of her is Zack- he is in training to be a service dog and is Bella's half brother. The dog next to Zack is Max and then the dog on the end is Martin- both are Bella's half brothers. It was a great day of boxer fun, they played so well together. The dogs were exhausted and WOW, I was absolutely wiped. I think I was falling asleep on the couch at around 7pm... and of course, Bella had been out then for at least 2 hours. It was a good day and so much fun to see all of Bella's siblings.

No comments: