Friday, March 20, 2009

Where I am not

I am back from the client from hell. For a least a week. Oh, don't worry, I'll be back there in due time.

Why? Oh, because the client is still the client from hell. I had high hopes, but nope. No improvement this year. So even though I worked my ass off to wrap up ALL of my other work and solely block out the next three weeks of my schedule, due to the lack of organization and any other thing positive you would expect from a client, I am now back at the office for the remainder of the week. One would think this would be a positive thing; however, it just essentially means that now I am fairly light in work and in approximately 2.5 weeks once the client gets their act together, I will be completely and utterly slammed.

I only know this from experience. And that? That is not a fun experience. UGH.

Since I am fairly light at work for the remainder of this week, it was a great time for my poor phone to die. Fabulous. Yesterday I think was it's last full day of life. I have had it for two years so I knew it was about time anyway. So I leave work fairly early to go to the tmobile store. To get to the tmobile store you have to go through the "Microsoft district" which you want to avoid from about 4:30-6:30 no matter what. This was my reasoning for leaving early to get to the phone store.

I get there and I am told that I cannot do anything with the account. Why? Because even though Tim has added me as an authorized user FIVE SEPARATE TIMES, it still doesn't show me as an authorized user. So I bitch at this lady for about 30 minutes on how this is just ridiculous and a total waste of my time... especially on one of the few days I can beat the horrid Microsoft traffic. I call Tim but he's working so he can't call corporate AGAIN to get me added. Meanwhile, this lady proceeds to imply that Tim "just must not trust me and keeps removing me from the account."

At that point, I almost blew a gasket. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT A CELL PHONE PLAN NOT A F-ING CAR OR HOUSE OR SOMETHING MUCH MORE COSTLY AND RELEVANT. I asked her what the issue was. She said, "Well, only one person can be the authorized user on the plan meaning that if you cancel your coverage, you are liable for $200." At that point, I really lost it. I said, "We are seriously unable to do ANYTHING right now because of a $200 liability? I will pay you $200 right now for you not to be such a stupid bitch!" Ok, I didn't say that last sentence but I seriously contemplated it. I had already bitched her out enough and didn't want to add insult to injury. I did tell her how ludicrous the whole situation was and it was too bad she was willing to lose a long time customer over $200. Of course, I didn't end up with a new phone. Currently I am texting on my phone by contorting it into all different forms so that I am able to see the screen and if I am able to receive calls I can only hear people if it's on speaker phone.

Tim called corporate last night and had his own bitch session with them on how they need to get their shit straight and add me FOR THE SIXTH TIME.

We have incredible plans for this Saturday which I am not willing to disclose yet (although I can barely contain my excitement both due to the plans as well as to the fact that it's the first Saturday in three months I'm not working!) Hopefully I will be able to get a phone today or Sunday. I think I may just drag Tim with me... just in case.

No comments: