Monday, March 30, 2009

Certainly something is wrong about this picture...

Back at the client from hell today and we walk down the block to get lunch in a nearby mall that has a ton of various restaurants, upscale shops, etc. I am wearing a fairly heavy sweater and am still freezing.

I notice at all of the shops, the clothing items displayed are shorts, flip flops, sleeveless tees. Um, excuse me?

Did someone not inform these stores that it is still winter in Seattle until about, July?

I have never understood this about retail. How come spring clothes start to come out in December and fall clothes start to come out in July? Just the mere thought of wearing shorts right now makes me want to go hide under a pile of 10 blankets until we finally get appropriate "shorts" weather on about July 12th, when it hits 70 degrees...which if you would have asked me a few years ago when I was living in Phoenix was NOT shorts weather and was still sweater weather. Bizarre.

No comments: