Thursday, March 12, 2009

Alaska- February 2009

I have finally uploaded the pictures from the Alaska trip... of course, I found it quite funny that there are zero (yep, zero) pictures of PEOPLE. Tim and I were there, we saw friends, I had friends from work there... but zero pictures of people. Go figure.

All in all, the trip was a lot of fun. We got to see and do a lot (minus me having to work some and having crazy elevator experience). It was a fun week but at the end, we were ready to be back in Seattle. It was nice to get back to warm weather. And by warm I mean 30 and snowing not 5 and snowing. Although, by the way, AGAIN Alaska natives kept telling me how lucky we were to come during a warm front. I just don't know why they don't get that 5 degrees in the morning, 15 degrees in the afternoon is. not. warm.

A view from Anchorage from along the coast.

Snow camels?? Really these exist?

A POLAR BEAR!!!!

A very wintry looking road.

Picture of the beautiful mountains surrounding Anchorage. Ok, seriously, Tim wanted to hike while we were there. I told him to have a nice life because if I went with him, I would turn into an ice statue. It was FREEZING. The day that we could have gone, however, it was blizzard like conditions. The roads were horrible... we saw a flipped car. In Alaksa, that seems like it would be pretty rare since people up there are so used to snow. So lucky for me (and Tim) I did not hike and subsequently did not turn into a snow/ice statue.

More of the beautiful mountains surrounding Anchorage.

Next time I will take pictures of people. Although, if Tim wasn't there, there wouldn't be any pictures at all so you can thank him for what's above.

No comments: