Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ladies night!

I've delayed posting this for about a week... all for a picture of a cheese board. Sounds ridiculous, right?

Everyone knows how I am with pictures... last Thursday proved to be no exception. I had about 6 lovely ladies over to my house for a night of cheese/wine/bread/chocolate (basically all things good). Tim was working so it was the perfect time to do it.

I love entertaining and even though I had the perfect, brand new house to entertain at in Phoenix, I never really entertained there because as my friends liked to tell me, I lived in Eastern LA so it wasn't exactly convenient for people to get to my house... and then drive home after drinking wine.

In Seattle, I live in the perfect location. 10 minutes to get anywhere... makes for a great commute, a great place to go out, and a great place to have people over. So last Thursday I left work a few minutes early to come home and get things ready. Wine opened, cheese board made, bread cut, crackers/dips out, music on, etc. I was pretty proud of my cheese board (I don't know, it looked cool) so I took a picture of it figuring that would get me into the picture mood and I would take pictures.

Well, the only picture I have of that night is of my cheese board. Once everyone was over and we were talking/snacking/drinking, I neglected photography. And now it's a week later and I still haven't uploaded that one picture so I figured I would just make the post without it. It IS just a cheese board, anyway. The point is that it was a great time to have everyone over... to relax, to forget about work, to not have to get all fancy to go out, and to just have a little bit of girl time. I think everyone had fun and enjoyed it. It's just too bad we had to go to work the next day... I think next time we will do ladies night on a Friday or Saturday night.

No comments: