Monday, July 31, 2006

The beginning of a long road...

I just got notification from the Arizona State Board of Accountancy that I have been approved to sit for the CPA exam. On the surface this is good news in that it means that I meet all of the qualifications necessary to be a candidate. But, deep down, it really means that I now begin the long task of studying and actually sitting for the exam. The first step is to enroll in Becker (the most known program of study for the CPA exam). This will require that I give up 4 hours two nights a week OR 8 hours every Saturday for 4 months (1 month per section of the exam). Then, after a month is completed, I take the corresponding section of the exam (and pray upon everything that I pass). So, I'm probably going to opt for the two weeknight classes simply because I refuse to give up a weekend day. Oh, and did I mention how much it costs just to study? It's about $2K. To sit is another $1K. Luckily, the benefits of passing FAR outweigh the cost.

I'm so out of school mode, though. I just don't want to return to that way of life. It sounds just disgusting to me. Study? Ick. Take a test, much less, a HUGE, life-changing test? Bigger ick. And aside from that, I am working full time and trying to cram as much of this process in before my life stops again for busy season in January for 5 solid months. Should be interesting...

1 comment:

Kristyn said...

well, just look on the bright side of things. if you pass, which you will (i believe in you), it will be amazing for your career. i'm not going to lie and say that i fully understand what it is, which i don't, but from what you said i'm sure it's a very big deal. you'll do fine, just take a deep breath and relax. <3 (I leave next thursday for college, can you believe it?!?!)