Sunday, July 16, 2006

Question of the day

Is it better to do something selfishly based on what you feel is in the best interest of your own ultimate happiness or choose not to do something for your ultimate happiness in order to keep everyone surrounding you happy?

I apologize for any typing errors. I am typing minus my left middle finger. It is not functioning properly... I got into a fight with the washing machine this morning and it definitely won the battle as evidenced when it slammed shut on the finger I was using to flip it off... The next load I put into it is going to be jam packed full of dirty underwear, ketchup stains, towels, etc. especially if I end up losing my fingernail.

6 comments:

pablo said...

I'm not sure what to say about your moral quandry question, but what's the news with the new house? Howzabout some pix?

Kristyn said...

You show that laundry machine! and about the question, just follow your heart and go with your instinct. Don't do things to please other people, that's not how you should live your life. (remember its YOUR life not anyones elses)

bgunner said...

I think i must disagree with kristyn, a little. Life is about balance, if you only think of your self and what you see as best for you, your life is out of balance and you would be a narcissus. However, if you only did what others wanted and never thought of yourself, you life would be just as sad but for other reasons. I believe you work out the balances of life on a on-going moving treadmill. Never take any moment too serious of to flipently.
or not to answer is to answer.

rachel said...

i don't know how to answer your question... i stress about the same thing everyday. right now i am happy doing what i want to do, but i also feel a little guilty. i think that is just life, unfortunately.

P1 (aka Pablo) said...

So how's the fingernail now?

Jenn said...

Fingernail did not fall off!