Friday, April 7, 2006

SERIOUSLY

I know I've been kind of on and off on this thing for the past few months but does anyone even read it? I feel like my time might be better spent if I kept a journal...

And apparently some people have a problem with my cussing. I am truly sorry if I offend anyone. I censor what I write pretty well but if it bothers anyone, feel free to not read. I reserve the right to post anything I want to post and if anyone has a problem with it, I apologize in advance, but it's just me. I respect everyone's opinion and if you do have an issue, please let me know. But also know that I'm not going to be someone I'm not. People should be open minded and accept me for who I am. If something as trivial as cussing changes anyone's opinion of my character then they are people who I do not wish to associate with. I do not like to be judged and I try not to judge. Cussing is not a reflection of who I am. It is simply words that I use to express myself. I also drink. And I don't want kids. And I'm not entirely sure if I believe in god (although I do think there is a higher power). But if those are the worst things about me, I'd still say I have a lot of things going for me: I treat people well, I'm good at my job, I volunteer, I cry when something touches me, I'm a good friend, I laugh, I live life, I love animals, I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt (sometimes I am too trusting). I will not drink, cuss, or discuss religious beliefs around anyone who I might offend. I will respect your values, beliefs, whatever but I require the same respect from anyone else. Just because I choose to do certain things does not make me a bad person.

4 comments:

rachel said...

i am stillr eading Jenn! i love your posts! i think they are often funny and I love keeping up with your life. sorry i have been lazy about commenting...

the whole cussing thing is a funny issue. if we were guys no one would probably care, but since we are supposedly cute innocent girls, we shock people if we type the word hell. don't worry about offending people. you write well and that is what really speaks to your character and intelligence. keep it up!

Jenn said...

thank you, rachel...you're the best!! I still read your blog all of the time, but, like you, I've been lazy about commenting... I hope you are doing well...

Kristyn said...

keep posting! its a way for me to keep track of you :)the whole cussing thing reminds me of my drama teacher. whenever a guy swears shes like "shh! there are ladies in the room" and all the girls look at eachother and laugh. and then she goes and something goes wrong and she starts cussing... but thats another story. good for you for standing up for yourself! i dont know if i would have the guts.. keep writing i love reading your posts. :)

lee said...

sinner.