Tuesday, November 15, 2005

One of those days where I totally screwed myself

Ah, yesterday. What can I say about yesterday?

Started off tired. Spent a great weekend by myself with Tim's family in Cali and now that they are an hour behind us I was still on their time Sunday night. Got home at 8 p.m., then had to go to the grocery store, clean up a few things around the house, watch Grey's anatomy (so important, of course!), and then sit and wait to be tired...which didn't happen until about 11:30 p.m. Got up at 5:30 a.m. yesterday morning (much better than Thursday and Friday last week when I got up at 4:30 a.m. both days). But, still, 5:30 a.m. FELT like 4:30 a.m. Other than being tired, though, it was generally a great morning.

Drove to work. Took an hour. Not bad. So far, so good.

Left work at 8:45 a.m. to drive to North Scottsdale to get the Mini's oil changed, get a tune up, and get our windshield fixed (finally!) No problems getting to North Scottsdale from the office. Drop the car off, no problems. Go to the rental car place provided by Mini so I can rent a car while the Mini is being taken care of. Can't rent a car. Why, you ask? Well, I stowed away my license in my butt pocket of my jeans when I was flying on Sunday night. And yesterday, it remained in the butt pocket of my jeans. Groan.

Go back to Mini dealer. Call Tim. We have to have a second car because the Mini will not be done until the next day (today). They can rent a car to him. He is not happy about having to drive to North Scottsdale from the West Valley. I think it took him about an hour. He was thoroughly impressed with how big Phoenix is. Ha. Finally get the car after waiting at Mini for two hours. So annoyed. We did get to rent a new mustang though...so I guess that is pretty cool.

Work day goes smoothly. Not as busy this week but I know in a few weeks it will be nuts. So I'm ok other than a massive headache that I attribute to a) being tired and b) the stressfulness of the car situation. Drive home and talk to Tim. He might have to work late. Fine, no big deal. Get to our crossroads and have the revalation that I am locked out of our house. I keep my key with our mail keys because I take that when I run. Garage door opener is in the Mini. Groan...again. Have to call Tim to come rescue me... again.

Tim finally gets home and I finally get in the house. Decide that there is no way in hell I want to work out...I could possibly injure myself if I tried. So, I take the day off.... after a whole weekend off. Groan. We eat dinner instead at 8 p.m. To top off my series of intelligent moves today, I spill a whole bottle of ranch dressing ALL. OVER. THE. FLOOR. The carpet, no less. Wouldn't have been a big deal if it was tile. At this point I am so ready for myself to do stupid stuff, I don't even get mad. I just sit and stare at it. Unbelievable. Then I eat ice cream because I'm just so over everything and I fall asleep at 9 p.m.

I usually think I'm pretty together but man, when I'm off, I'm really off. Today, I'm cracking up at yesterday.

No comments: