Sunday, November 6, 2005

Finally, some time to post!

I cannot believe how fast the weeks go by. Is anyone else just absolutely floored that it is November 6? I have absolutely no idea what happened to October...or to September...or to August...or to this whole year. Amazing.

I feel like time has gone so fast lately. Tim and I are both keeping busy with our jobs. He was just put in charge of a big Pepsi implementation thing. I don't understand the logistics (literally...ha!) of it but it sounds like a really cool deal. I've been on an audit for the past several weeks...I really love my job. I always thought that the first second that I could get to not work I would jump at it but now that I have a job that I absolutely love, I never want to leave it. To think that someday I might have to make that sacrifice is saddening to me. So weird to think that my train of thought about working has changed so much...I guess it really is true that when you find a job you love, it doesn't feel like work. And I'm only just beginning...I'm still trying to figure out everything... I can't wait until I'm as smart as the people I work with! We had a team building activity on Friday. We all went bowling and then to happy hour... it is so nice to work with people that you genuinely enjoy hanging out with outside of work. The people are probably the number one reason I love my job so much.

Our house is coming along...slowly but surely. We drove by it yesterday and there are actually machines in the neighborhood and what the streets will be are more clearly marked. So, sometime within the next several months the building process should start... We just bought a table today. I love it a lot. We got it at Ashley Furniture... we got an extension table with 6 chairs. It was also pretty reasonable. We got all of that for $1000-less than what we would have paid for JUST the table at Pottery Barn and the quality was just as good, so I was happy. It's one of the things that we must have...simply for our sanity. We have been using TV trays for mostly all meals (unless we go out) and it's getting old. It's a really nice table...it's black with redish striped material on the seats... so it will match our couches and our black granite counter tops perfectly! I'm excited... but we still have to buy the boring stuff in the next few months... washer, dryer, refrigerator...

We want to fly back to KC for christmas. I should be able to get some time off and Tim will be too. I have to work on New Years doing inventory observations for everyone whose year end is December 31 so that's kind of a drag but it will be fun to go back to KC. Plane tickets are ridiculously expensive though. I think the cheapist we've seen is $360 a pop. I'm thinking that maybe the Christmas present I want from my parents is for them to help us buy part of the tickets. Hmm... Speaking of my parents, they are coming out here for the week of Thanksgiving. Should be really fun...I'm excited to see them.

I love Phoenix. Love it. I still have the mentality that all of these perfect days are going to come to a halt...the temperature is going to plummet to 30 below zero and it's going to snow and ice. So every day, I itch to get outside for the whole day. What I don't realize yet is that for the next six months, it's only going to be the same, if not better. Right now our average temperature is the low to mid 80s, at night it cools down to the 50s (which feels FREEZING!) It's always sunny... today it is cloudy and I actually kind of like it. Clouds are a definite rarity around here... I love that! We've been playing a lot of tennis, walking, and running a lot. Yesterday there was an art festival in old Litchfield Park that we walked around in...those people are so talented! I bought a cute little sign to hang in my laundry room. Probably not the best piece of art at the festival but I love it nonetheless.

Cats are doing well. Emerson has learned how to jump. We've found her on counters and on our top rack of our closet which is honestly about 8 feet up in the air. I think she climbs on stuff to get up there but it's still amazing. She also has dreams to be a body builder. She sleeps on my weights everyday. Looks entirely uncomfortable but if we move them I think she'd freak. Berkely didn't die (or barf) after ingesting Clorox. Thank god. They both continue to wrestle each other when Tim's not wrestling them. They are so funny...

Things are going well...I really couldn't ask for them to be any better. I just really can't believe how fast the weeks go by...November 6, huh? Wow.

No comments: