Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Daily Owen & Bennett: 2.18.2015

Oh my gosh I feel like a crazy person. Like really. Two kids by yourself, at night, is insane. It's like the kids KNOW and make you reach a new element of insanity. Owen is an outright terrorist and into everything. Problem one. Bennett is cutting his two top teeth and won't stop screaming. Problem two. The dog thinks justin left him so is moping and whining. Problem three. 

In the midst of this chaos I am trying to do things that are sort of necessary. You know, like feed the toddler, the dog, maybe myself? (Last one didn't happen until Justin got home in case you were wondering). OH! And because this wasn't crazy enough, Owen decides tonight he wants to wear big boy underwear and go pee on the potty. Oh whoops, except he keeps forgetting and pees his pants twice. Then while I'm cleaning that up I find that Bennett has rolled and grabbed the peed on underwear....

I pull a ninja move and get to him right before he puts the pee in his mouth. Gross. 

It's finally bath time and I remember to take a daily picture. Owen (now with a diaper on): 

(Also can you believe him at 6 months- picture in the background? Crazy). 

Looking guilty as hell.


And entertaining B in the bath.




After B's bath time, it was Owen's turn. I thought things were starting to improve...

THEN! 

Owen shit in the bath. 

And that is the only way to describe it as we are not talking a little poop. We are talking nasty, disgusting shit. All over everything. That I then spent 30 minutes cleaning up. And two seconds before he tried to poop in the potty. Then climbed in the tub, looked at me and pooped. Lovely! 

Then Justin got home. Thank god. I got to pawn off the baby and eat a little- plus take off my clothes that got poo on them. But my head was spinning from the chaos of it all that continued as Owen put the dog cone on his own head and chased Luke around. Luke, who had immediately perked up upon Justin's arrival home. I couldn't even form a coherent thought in my head...it was too cluttered from the chaos and noise. To think I was trying to get more work done! Pretty sure I couldn't even do simple addition now. 

It was one of those nights where I said no more kids. Then I said, I am going to take a solo trip to Hawaii. Then there was some nostalgia and missing our "old" life. But as crazy as it gets, I sit here now holding B, feeling him breathe and cuddle against me, and hear Owen chattering to himself in his room, and I know that someday the nights are going to seem boring and the house is going to seem to quiet. I might actually like it BUT I will miss this. 

I just might appreciate it just a little more if we were getting more than two hours of sleep at a time. Oh did I not mention that? Funniest thing that happened today: I actually thought I could get by without coffee. By noon I realized my sleep deprivation was severely affecting my judgement and immediately went to get coffee. 

And with that long post....cheers to another night and new day tomorrow! 

No comments: