Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pregnancy Round 2: Weeks 31 and 32.

Well, I have never done two weeks at a time before but it is warranted now as I am a little bit behind. Currently at 33.5 weeks, so need to get caught up!

Pictures:

Week 32 side view. Please disregard the closet view. We currently have zero doors on any room in our house due to operation door project 2014. Another post entirely. 


Week 32 front view.


Week 31 side view.


Week 31 front view.


Week 30 side view.


Week 30 front view.

How I'm feeling?
Really not feeling too shabby for the past couple of weeks. Could be better, could be worse. In the overall scheme, I can't complain too much. I will say that it has been hot hot hot in Seattle (IE: 90+ degree days), which generally does not bode well for anyone here as no one here has air conditioning. Remember the story of how two years ago when we lived in Kirkland we we FINALLY put air conditioning in our room when it was 95+ degrees and it was so amazing? But oh yeah, then I couldn't even sleep in to enjoy it because turns out I went in to labor! Anyway, needless to say, we don't have air conditioning here, but thank goodness we don't still live in Kirkland. The Kirkland house was unbearably hot if it got over 85 degrees. Where we live now is MUCH more tolerable and actually stays pretty cool as a result of how the sun hits our house, and the massive amount of trees around us. I really haven't minded the heat at all. I am swelling a bit, but it's nothing too major or too notable. Pretty much par for the course at this point in pregnancy, regardless of the weather. 

I have managed to continue to workout, which is great. I did a couple of crazy things in the past couple of weeks in regards to working out: 1) decided to do a marathon workout class in which I was completely and utterly spent the next day. 2) I decided to walk about 6.5-7 miles of my old running hills. It was hot. I was tired. 3) A few days later, I decided to do a similar (but smaller) walk of my old running hills. It was about 4.5 miles this time but I also had toddler in tow which mean an extra 50 pounds, plus 8+ months pregnant (+35 pounds). And it was in the middle of the day... at 90 degrees. Let's just say it took the meaning "workout" to a whole new level. With a touch of insanity thrown in. Regardless, I am glad that I am still able to workout relatively well. 

One thing that kind of sucks right now is that I am experiencing dizziness again. Last time with Owen I thought it was because I wasn't eating enough, because I checked the archives and I was totally dizzy with him at this point in time, too. I'm thinking either I'm not eating enough again or it's just that at this point in pregnancy, I just get dizzy.... more blood flow, baby growing, who knows! It's not exactly the most fun thing and I literally just have to keep shoving liquids and food down to make it stop. 


How I'm changing?
I mentioned my hair last week and that my nails left a little bit to be desired. My nails must have felt bad about that because I noticed this week that the completely caught up. They are hard, long and amazing. Sweet! 

What I'm eating?
Really nothing too notable here. I am obsessing a little bit right now about a quinoa salad with veggies that I made up the other week... there's also hemp protein and oil in there and it has a bit of a kick. It's delicious. I could eat it every day. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I get sick of it. 

Weight I'm gaining?
146 pounds in week 31 and 147 in week 32. Still going with the one pound weight gain every week.  

How I'm sleeping?
BAH. I don't even really want to talk about it. Between Owen, my bladder and pregnancy insomnia, I am really not sleeping much at all. Owen had a 103 degree fever again a week ago and we thought he was teething. Two days later he was puking, then the had major congestion (what the heck?!) Needless to say, his sleep has SUCKED. My bladder is also now about the size of a dime, so there's that, too. And pregnancy insomnia... also probably appropriately named "newborn training." 

What's the baby doing?
Week 31:
-The baby is 16 inches or the size of four large navel oranges (WHERE do they come up with this stuff?) The baby weighs 3.3 pounds. UM. That's getting close to about half his weight at birth... which means I am really sort of starting to freak out. It is going to be here before we know it.
-The baby is still plumping up and gaining more and more baby fat. His/her skin is also starting to become soft and smooth.
-Pretty much the baby is just getting bigger and getting ready for the outside world.

Week 32:
-The baby is 16.7 inches or the size of a large jicama (Again, WHERE do they come up with this stuff? And what in the world is a large jicama?) The baby weighs 3.75 pounds. WOAH.
-Basically the baby is just gaining weight and putting on fat. If I gain a pound a week, pretty much half of that goes to him/her. Holy cow.

What we are doing to prepare for the baby?
Haven't really done a whole lot. Still. I just find that I don't care as much this time around. I don't know what my problem is. I mean, I CARE, but it's almost like I'm just ignoring the fact that oh, there's another kid coming (SHOULD PROBABLY CONSIDER THAT AT SOME POINT). You know, I kind of THINK about it, but between dealing with Owen, work, life, etc., it's really more of an after thought that I only consider when I'm about to pass out (see: dizziness) or have my stomach get in the way of things I would like to do. I think that's a little bit the nature of second kids. 

We did see the midwives (everything looks great) and they were bugging me about getting a bag packed so I did start that. It has a few things in it but I do have a list on my phone of things I should get together to put in it. OH! I also ordered my "diapers" (ahem, depends) for post partum. Oh how I'd forgotten how humbling those are. Getting those from aamzon really was a moment of "oh crap, we are really doing this again." It hasn't been the baby moving or anything cool like that, but it was the depends. 

We also bought Justin a new car. I don't know that this is completely pregnancy related but it was one of those things we wanted to make sure we had all lined up pre-baby. The truck is such a gas sucker and we are keeping it just because we can, but it make much more sense to have a more fuel efficient car. Funny enough, he got the same car (well, not exact same but the same make/model, etc) as I just traded in when I got the Audi. 

Random thoughts on pregnancy (pregnancy brain?)

People are so funny on the not finding out the sex thing. I mean, really, does it matter? Is it just because people can't handle surprises? I don't know. Who really cares? I have gotten so much feedback on this. Some people do think it's cool (or they are just saying that) and some people look at me like I've completely lost my marbles. And some people tell me that I actually HAVE lost my marbles because apparently not finding out is the craziest thing you could do (?!) Either way, we just hope he/she is a happy and healthy baby. A bit cliche, but true. There are so few good surprises in life anymore, we might as well try to have this one. Nothing is going to change on this end. The baby will be in our room with us for a while so no nursery really to plan (how funny that I was so obsessed about this with Owen when we didn't even use the nursery for a good 6-7 months), clothes are easy, and the rest we already have from Owen. So if it's a girl, she might just have to deal with a blue ergo. Last time I checked, babies really don't care about those types of things... I stand firm in my opinion in not finding out and think it's awesome. I don't know that I have a total feeling either way of if it is a boy or girl. If there was a gun held to my head, I'd guess boy. 

No comments: