Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Thankful in November: Day #13.

Today I am thankful for the little encounters in life that remind me that people of my past are somehow watching over me. I ran in to a little old lady at the grocery store who had bright crayola yellow hair (looked as if she was having a late life 85 year old crisis and tried to go blonde but instead had an accident with a canary yellow crayon...) who was asking about my coat, my boots, and my jeans. Minus the crazy hair, she looked like she could have been my dad's mom's twin sister and even sounded like her too. I might be a little senile myself (hello, baby brain and still catching up from lack of sleep!) but I almost thought this was someone greater than me reminding me of my grandma and that whether I know it or not, she's always with me. It was a good reminder that despite the pain of death, there might just be something in the afterlife. I have one remaining living grandma who is fairly close to leaving this world and I was very close to her. Having this encounter today somehow made me feel much more at peace with her imminent passing.

No comments: