Tuesday, March 20, 2012

St Patrick's Day and the Sounders!

I really don't typically get too caught up in the whole St. Patrick's day thing. I have no idea if I'm Irish so I guess I could go all out (assuming I AM Irish) but I've just really never been that interested for whatever reason. I do wear green, I do like black and tans, but that's about as festive as it gets. This year, we did more than normal- we had tickets to a Sounders game on St Patrick's day. After a busy morning (I went to the office for a couple hour meeting, then got my hair done), Justin and I headed out to Seattle around 4pm.

Once there, I was totally in AWE. The people that were out and about were completely decked out. It was HILARIOUS. I realized I should go out on St Patrick's day more often for the sheer entertainment factor. We met two of our friends, Bryan and Melissa, at a bar that was jam packed and eventually meandered our way over to the game. I have to say, I really do like Sounders games. They are upbeat and fun and even though it was freezing, it really doesn't seem that cold due to the fact that you're standing the whole game except at halftime. We had a great time with our friends at the game, and they even won!



Almost as notable as the fact that we were out on St. Patrick's day was the fact that I had about half of a cheeseburger (I'm going to go ahead and blame the baby for that one). It was a Kid Valley burger so at least a step up from McDonalds but I kid you not, the last time I probably have had a fast food burger was about 15 years ago. Maybe more. It will probably be another 15 before I do it again... Still not a fan but I was hungry and did not want to have a hormonal breakdown at a sounders game, now THAT would have been notable for everyone else!

No comments: