Saturday, March 31, 2012

A baby related weekend.

This weekend kicked off as quite baby related although it wasn't necessarily intended to be. I got home friday evening to Justin assembling the crib we'd gotten that day. It came much earlier than anticipated and when he saw it waiting on the porch, he was inspired to put it together. Awesome!


I got home during the first phase, apparently.


Starting to look more like the baby cage.


And even more so... final pictures will come as soon as we have everything more together up there so it could be a while. I stumbled upon this crib online one day and jumped on it. My parents had wanted to buy a crib for us so they actually bought it but I picked it out. It's 100% sustainable Austrailian pine and the matress is made of completely organic and non toxic materials. Win-win!


In the theme of getting the nursery all set up, though not knowing we were going to be doing this, we found a giant moose when we were out shopping. He is HUGE. Like, almost as big as me. But it's so comfortable to cuddle with and we both think that it's going to be a huge hit for a baby and it will look cute in the nursery. His name is Sam. And perhaps I am a nerd but I like this moose.


A shot of me and Sam the moose. Fabulous! He spent his first night at home in the baby's crib. He barely fit.

Continuing our domestic excitement of the day, we spent the evening watching the NCAA tournament. Kentucky won, as expected, and my home town team KU also managed to win (HOW?!) I think I almost had 4 heart attacks during the game and at one point during the first half I was very distraught with how crappy they were playing. But, somehow they pulled it out and not only do I get to be an annoying KU fan saying Rock Chalk over and over again, but I think that also means I won my bracket at work, regardless of who wins Monday night. Yes! Needless to say I was on an adrenaline high after that game which was great since Justin was drinking wine and I couldn't have any.

No comments: