Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Happy birthday to Tim!

December 15th was Tim's birthday and it was a pretty great day! I took the day off work to spend with him and we pretty much just relaxed and enjoyed the day together. We got up, I made him breakfast, then we took Bella to the dog park, came back, relaxed, and then went to dinner at a local grill that Tim wanted to go to where we had halibut and salmon, garlic mashed potatoes, veggies, wine for me, beer for him- so yummy! And then of course after all that we came back and he opened presents and we ate cake. Pictures below.

The picture above is actually from the day BEFORE his birthday- he got a card/present from my parents and opened it the day before.

Birthday morning breakfast on Christmas plates... I made chicken sausage for him (none for me, not my favorite), scrambled egg whites with an egg yolk, and raspberry multigrain pancakes for him, oatmeal/cinnamon multigrain pancakes for me. It was fabulous!

I kind of sucked at taking pictures on his birthday apparently. Above is Tim after dinner with his pile of presents. I got him mostly clothes (LOTS of t-shirts/long sleeved thermals because that's what he wears a lot of) and of course I wrapped each separately because it's fun to open presents! I also got him an REI fleece for work and a new, nicer one for home, new darker 7 jeans than the pair he has, a cool little book for him, and of course our annual picture frame that I do every year with a collage of all of our pictures from each year. I started this tradition on the first birthday that I was with him for... we had met on his birthday back in 2006 so his birthday was our anniversary back then and this was my present to him for that first anniversary. This year I made him think that I hadn't done it and then ran upstairs and put the picture out so that right before he went to bed he would see it and would be surprised! It was great. I love surprises and I love this tradition of having something that sums up each great year we have together.

No comments: