Sunday, December 13, 2009

Great start to the birthday week

Tim's birthday is December 15th so the Saturday after I got back from Alaska (the 12th), we started the birthday celebrations...well, sort of. I went to the gym and worked out, then I picked up a couple of surprises for him (actually one surprise- his cake so we could enjoy it before/on his birthday and before I left town again and hot chocolate/tea/cookies from our favorite little bakery/cafe). After that, we went to the dog park where I FROZE but the pup had a great time! We got to see our friend Lindsay and her dog Burton there too so that was fun.

That night we decided to go out...it was sort of for Tim's birthday because for his birthday dinner he gave me two options. So I just said, we'll do both then! One on the actual night, one before. So this was the "before..." Wasabi bistro in downtown Seattle. Arguably the best sushi place in all of Seattle. SO GOOD.

Tim with his japanese beer. I forget if he got asahi or sapporo. Either way, it was quite tasty. I had wine which of course was wonderful too.

Eating miso soup....they have the BEST miso there. Tim got clams in his.

And our sushi roll spread... so freaking good!

After a nice long dinner and drinks, we were still feeling awake and were out in Seattle. We started talking about that one time when I came up to visit from Phoenix and Tim took me to dinner at Daniels on Lake Union (also in Seattle) and afterward I got my nose pierced. Well. SOMEHOW, after wine, he talked me into going to our piercing/tattoo shop in Ballard to get my ears pierced (it's a piercing I've wanted for a while...I'm still too afraid of commitment for a tattoo. Piercings I can always remove). So, next thing you know, I have both of my ears pierced (the stud in the picture above, obviously). Surprisingly, I haven't had this spot pierced before although anyone that knows me from WAAAAY back when knows that I used to have studs up and down my outer ear. Anyway, it's fun and I'm glad I let the wine, er, Tim talk me into it.

When we got home a couple of hours later, we decided to break in to the cake. I got him a chocolate raspberry torte cake. I am not a huge fan of chocolate/fruit but my guy can't get enough of it. So it was a perfect cake for his birthday. He loved it!

And cutting the first piece of cake. I did sing him happy birthday before he cut into it, even though it's not his actually birthday yet. I am superstar wife sometimes although I'm pretty sure my singing scared the animals. All in all, it was a great day of fun!

No comments: