Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Maui, Hawaii Day 3- October 20, 2009

Happy first anniversary to us! If anyone is new to this blog or hasn't read it before, a full account of our wedding day a year ago (as well as the story of how we met) can be found by clicking on this link.

To celebrate this year, we went back to the same island that we got married on a year ago to the day. And we had a similar day, minus the actual wedding part. Pictures, again, tell the story best:
We got up and ate breakfast and then went out to walk along the beach. It was a fairly decent walk- probably 7-8 miles in the HOT sun. We were SO sweaty and roasting by the time we got back.

And a picture of me sweating it out. After we returned from our morning walk, we had about a half hour until our couples massage. We got clean (to spare the poor massage therapists) and meandered our way over to the spa. Like last year, we both got lava rock massages. SO nice and relaxing. MMM. After our massages, we went directly to the pool where we ate lunch and spent the afternoon.

After a few hours at the pool, we migrated down to the ocean. At this point, I was starting to get fairly crabby because I knew I was getting burnt. And I KNEW Tim was getting burnt because he was in the ocean and not applying sunscreen. He tried to tell me he wasn't getting burned. (Foreshadowing: GUESS WHO WAS RIGHT?!) We played in the ocean for about a half an hour until I had enough. I was just absolutely roasted after spending all day in the hot Hawaiian sun. Turns out we both got fried, like I knew we did.

More pictures of playing in the ocean.
After we left the sun, we had an hour or so to get cleaned up and ready to go to our wedding beach. We got dressed up for our dinner that night (which was prepared by the same chef as last year on our wedding day when we had dinner on the beach- but this time, we just had a great table at the chef's restaurant). We decided we'd be dressy and we'd take some pictures at sunset on our wedding beach so we'd be there at the same time/place as last year. Call us sentimental. Here is a picture of me as we were just leaving the resort to drive to our beach.

And a picture of Tim.

The time in the car: 5:15pm. We got married last year at about 4:30pm so at this time last year we were taking a zillion pictures (and climbing lava rocks overlooking the ocean in our wedding gear).

Driving to the beach (notice the red burn on his face...)

And a picture of the ocean on our way to our secret cove beach (literally, that's the name).

The road in which you get there. It's pretty funny how out there it is (although it's only a 10-15 minute drive from the resort).

And the beginning of pictures on the beach.... I won't comment on all of them.

This is a rather strange picture of me but Tim was trying to capture my expression of surprise. We had both agreed that we weren't going to give each other anniversary presents since GOING to Hawaii was really our gift. BUT, we both couldn't imagine not getting each other something small. I thought I was just superstar wife by getting him a present but he shocked me with one too.

And not only was it a "small" present, it was a box from Tiffany. Here I am saying, "WHAT?!"

And opening it....

It's a bracelet to match the necklace he got me for my birthday. Love it!! I have the best husband.

And here he is opening his- a black watch. I think he likes it. He had been admiring it in stores all week and it was all I could do to try to keep it a surprise (I picked it out before the trip and brought it with me so I was pretty impressed with myself).

A picture of it on.

Beautiful sunset- not as great of a sunset as we had last year but it was still gorgeous! And so perfect to be on the same beach, same day, same time.

A picture of Timmy at the restaurant after leaving the beach drinking his fruity drink before dinner. Sorry the picture is a bit fuzzy- it's a chronic problem we had for the rest of the trip since I dropped by camera in the sand at our beach. Awesome.

And a picture of me enjoying champagne! It was a fabulous dinner, as always. I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend our anniversary. We had a perfect celebration of the perfect day. It's amazing that it's already been a year- and I love Tim more now than I did a year ago and it just keeps growing and growing. I can't wait to see what the next year holds for us. Cheers!

No comments: