Thursday, February 19, 2009

Valentines Day 2009

I have never gotten into Valentines day. I think that the whole day is overrated and full of unrealistic expectations that should be happening on a daily basis with the people you love. I do not like going out on Valentines day, I don't really get into the whole buying presents thing, it all just seems quite silly to me. Knowing this, Tim planned what he called "Valentines Day weekend" which is really much more low key than it sounds (and honestly, it was not unlike many other weekends we have had).

When I got home on Friday night he was waiting for me in a suit with a bottle of one of my favorite wines and a gorgeous bouquet of flowers. He had gone to Whole Foods and Trader Joes so that we could make great dinners on Friday and Saturday night. Friday night we made chicken pasta and rosemary bread with salad (which worked out great since we went on a big hike on Saturday) and Saturday he had bought fresh wild salmon that we had with salad and veggies. On Saturday morning before I worked, I bought some dessert for us to share that night. Yum!

Like I said, we hiked Saturday and we also hiked Sunday. It was the perfect weekend. Really nothing too exciting, very low key, very relaxing, but perfect. I loved it.

Waiting for me when I got home from work with flowers and wine. Gorgeous!
Sniffing the roses... they actually smelled amazing! He had gotten the bouquets at Trader Joes (where flowers do not cost $100 on Valentines day... a phenomenon that I think is ridiculous, by the way!) Usually whenever he goes to Trader Joes he will buy me a bouquet of flowers. The only difference this time was his make shift heart card in honor of the heart holiday. He is the best ever.

I am not sure why I included this picture. I look hilarious. Notice the glasses. Yep, still wearing them. Ugh.

And a picture of both of us.

The mountains on one of our hikes. This is most definitely why we live here. It has been gorgeous lately too. Lots of sun, high 50s. We have been outside as much as possible. It is feeling like spring although I know better than to get my hopes up. I have a feeling that Seattle's winter is far from over and there will be rain/cold days ahead of us. That's ok though because it never gets so cold here that we can't hike! And it's much better to have a busy season in this weather than in the gorgeous Phoenix weather. In Phoenix during busy season, it was always so lame because it was 75 degrees and sunny and you were stuck working. At least here if its freezing and rainy, you might as well just work because you know when busy season over, the gorgeous summer days are just around the corner!

No comments: