Monday, February 9, 2009

More snow?

At 5am this morning as Tim was leaving for work and I was continuing to get ready to leave for work, I get a call on my cell phone from him telling me to look outside.

We got an inch of snow. More snow. If you remember, back in December we got about 20 inches.

This winter has been so unusual for Seattle. Just getting a dusting once a year is considered crazy. We have had so much this winter. And I guess more is expected tonight!

Our weekend (aka yesterday since I had to work Saturday and Tim was recovering from a 0 hours of sleep 24 hour shift that he got off of on Saturday morning) was great...it was filled with everything we hadn't done all week. So not totally relaxing, but very productive! We were speed grocery shoppers. We hit Trader Joes, Whole Foods, and even Costco all in a couple of hours plus a couple of additional errands. By the way- pet peeve of mine- why can't a single grocery store have everything that we need/like/want? Anyway, another rant for another day. We basically had absolutely no groceries since both of us have been working so much lately and neither of us would have time this week to go.

After grocery shopping, we went on a hike and froze our butts off. We haven't watched the weather apparently because it was about 30 degrees and for some reason, we had thought it was going to be 50. Maybe because the prior weekend it was 50 degrees? Who knows but we were running on the hike to stay warm. I am sore today as a result. It was a great workout, which I desperately needed.

We also gave the boys baths. It's unfortunate that I don't have pictures. This is always quite the funny experience. Cats don't really like being plunged into water but they look so much better when they are clean. They also really hate being brushed. Also necessary.

Oh yeah, we also quick cleaned the house. It was a disaster after our week of working and ignoring it. This is a common occurrence this time of year. Tim's schedule usually allows him to clean it (I seriously have the best husband) but he hasn't had a four day off block in a week and a half so he hasn't been able to. And I have been working 6am in the morning to about 9 or 10 at night when I then proceed to pass the hell out so I haven't really gotten around to it either. Bummer.

His next four day block off starts Thursday so hopefully I won't have to work long on Saturday and we will have most of next Saturday and all of Sunday off where we don't have to try to cram everything into one day. Gotta love this time of year!!!

No comments: