Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Annual trip, take 2

It's the end of February and everyone knows what that means! It means I am HERE:

In Anchorage, Alaska. Once again, it is quite balmy up here for this time of year (I'm told, anyway). It is about 20 degrees outside. When we wake up, it's about 5. I freeze my ass off but apparently I'm told it is "warm." Again, like in December, not buying it.

It is very beautiful up here, however, not to mention since December, this city has gained about 5 hours of light a day. For the past two days since we have been here it has been sunny. You can see for miles and the mountains are just gorgeous. Flying in yesterday was absolutely unbelievable.

Tim is headed up tomorrow for his first time ever in Alaska along with another co-worker. We will all be here through Saturday. We are participating in Anchorages' Fur Rondy event. I'm not exactly sure what this is, other than it is an annual event held every February in Anchorage. I think it is just a winter celebration... there are reindeer races, dog races, snow covered streets, etc. We are participating in an outhouse race. I'm serious. We have coupled with our client to build an outhouse, come up with a theme/story, and then we race a couple of blocks. Whoever has the best theme wins and whoever wins the race also wins. It is going to be a riot. I can't disclose the theme here... look for pictures to follow. I think that Tim might even be pushing the outhouse (the outhouse is built on skis so that "pushers" can push it down the street, with someone inside of course).

I am hoping since we are staying through Saturday we can see a little bit more of this beautiful state. I especially hope to see one of these (again):

No comments: