Sunday, March 12, 2006

Update...

So what have I done in the last month? I can't believe I seriously haven't posted in a month! Holy cow...where does time go? All I've really done is worked. I really can't complain because this busy for me is probably not all that busy for other crazy professions (like doctors/residents) who work insane amounts of hours on a yearly basis. I've been leaving my house at around 7 a.m. every morning and I get home around 8 at night (except for Wednesday of last week when I achieved a new record. I left my house at 7 a.m., got home at 10:30 p.m. and I was at a client's until 10 p.m. Insane). On Saturdays I leave my house around 9:30 a.m. and get home around 4:30 p.m. I rather like being busy, though, so really, I'm not complaining. And I really like the people I'm working with along with the work I do. The past two weeks, I haven't been doing audits but I've been sent out on reviews (a step below an audit) by myself. I'm told that it's good that they think I'm competant enough to do these reviews. There are people at my level that have been there 1-2 years longer than me that they don't send out alone... so I guess I'm finding that I'm not to bad at what I do...always a good thing. I'm just amazed that I am capable of putting in these long hours (something I never thought I would do) and that I'm actually enjoying it. I've definitely had my stressed out, freaked out moments but other than those, everything is great.

Our house seems to be coming along well... Last week we had windows, bathtubs, and the ventilation stuff. We went by yesterday and there was even more progress. I'll post more pics later from this week's progress.

I feel bad that I have nothing interesting to say. I'm serious when I say all I do is work. Lame, I know. I haven't even had time to exercise. UGH. I've gained icky weight. Not much, but it still makes me mad. But I know once things slow down, I will be able to get back into more of a routine.

Last Sunday Tim and I went to a spring training baseball game. We went to the stadium in Surprise (just north of us) where the Rangers and Royals play. The Royals weren't playing last Sunday so we went to a Rangers and Brewers game. We bought the most expensive tickets ($20 a pop 3 rows behind home plate-I couldn't believe how awesome the seats were and how cheap the expensive tickets were...spring training is cool!) Anyway, we were kind of in the shade behind home plate and even though it was like 75 degrees last Sunday, we were freezing! So in about the 3rd inning we moved out to the outfield and sat in the sun...

Yesterday was completely surreal. We haven't had rain here in 143 days and yesterday it rained ALL DAY. It was amazing. I think we ended up getting over 2 inches. I haven't seen rain since September. I can't say I missed it that much but we did really need it and it was a nice change of pace for a day. Along with the rain came freezing cold! Yesterday the high was only 46 (the coldest I've ever seen it here) and this morning when we woke up it was 40 degrees and felt like 33-we actually had a windchill! It snowed a foot or more just 40 minutes north of here...amazing!

Anyway, enjoy the pics below.

No comments: