Saturday, March 25, 2006

New profession

As we were driving home tonight after a long day of work for me (fantasy baseball for Tim), shopping, and dinner, I had this revelation: I totally should change my profession and become a DJ. If I were a DJ, I would know every song in the world. And that would save me from the annoyance of hearing awesome songs on the radio just to wonder for the next year what the hell they even are. So, new life plan: become a DJ. Or perhaps I should become a bartender or waitress in some exotic place: like Hawaii or Greece. I wouldn't make as much money but for some reason that sounds like such a trip. I would totally do it.

And if I chose one of those professions, I wouldn't care about the money because I would have so much spare time that I could actually work out. Imagine that. I can't even fathom the fact that I would have that kind of time...time to actually take care of myself, my life, my body? Sounds freakin amazing. No 5-10 pound weight gain because of constant dining out, sitting on the ass all day and zippo working out? Fan-freakin-tastic. And I wouldn't care about suburbia life. No mortgage, no car...I would live in a hip little apartment on the beach and be able to walk to work. Sigh...

I am completely beyond stressed. I'm sick of busy season, I'm sick of crack head clients (with the one client I'm dealing with right now, I'm thinking about writing a point in our report that we issue that we recommend he take yoga. Some diaphramatic breathing would probably improve his frazzled freak show life exponentially). I have been so unmotivated the last couple of days that I'm making it worse because I'm procrastinating and therefore screwing myself. So, DJ or jet away to Hawaii/Greece/Australia to have a pointless job for a few years... sounds perfect. Although, I really, really do like my job here...it's credible and I feel like I'm doing some sort of good, I love my boss and the people I work with... and I do like our life here. And I actually do like busy season... I'm just having issue after issue with the current client... Once I get that wrapped up, I'll feel so much better. And after that, only 7 more weeks of busy season. Although I really do wish I knew every cool song in the world and that I lived in an exotic place... maybe I could be a part time DJ or maybe someday I'll move to somewhere exotic... hmmm...

1 comment:

rachel said...

i am so impressed that you work so hard! you deserve every penny (and probably even more) that you make!

And, soon you & Tim will be moving into your own brand new house! That is pretty amazing and exciting!