Thursday, August 20, 2015

Daily Owen & Bennett: 8.19.2015

Ah, such a day of memories.

4 years ago I married my best friend and the guy I couldn't imagine sharing a day without.

3 years ago today we welcomed our first son.

It's a day of love and laughter and family... and a joyful reminder of all that we have created in the past few years. Sometimes the weight of this day is just overwhelming. I want to dwell on each event and get my head around how happy I am for both my marriage and the birth of Owen. I want to relive the wedding day in its entirety all day, and then I want to relive the first hours of Owen's life all day. There's so much happiness and joy in today!

Bennett gave me a little gift today, too... (happy anniversary to me!)... in that he cuddled with me for a while. I stand firm in that there is NOTHING better than baby cuddles. What might be just as good is an almost toddler that still willingly gives out baby cuddles. Hopefully this doesn't end ever! Although someday we might be better off if I lay on his chest, as he is assuredly going to be much larger than me (sniff).

Our big THREE year old got a big truck as one of his birthday presents! WHOO! (Wearing his fireman pants, of course). 


After a little bit of drama with the big present we got him (it didn't work so Justin and I had to run in to town to do an exchange- in which we actually ended up getting a much more expensive item for a straight exchange- AWESOME!), Owen got to see the big ticket item. Look at that face! 


New jeep! Sidenote: we got him this as B is now going to be fitting in to the smaller "motor" car and this will (hopefully) prevent some arguments. Also, since it's still warm out, it seemed like a better time to do it than when it's cold (IE: like Christmas). 



Birthday cake! 



It's hard to believe our "baby" is three! It's also hard to believe that 4 years ago, we didn't have either of the turtles and were just venturing in to this life together. So happy for all that we have and all that we have to look forward to together. 

No comments: