Monday, March 14, 2011

March odds and ends...

Since March is my busy time, I have a bunch of pictures that I really have no idea what they relate to, or when... but I know they happened in March. So here they are (please, contain your excitement):


I know, SO exciting... a plate of food. Well, this happens to be a new Sunday tradition for us. Instead of eating a regular "dinner" we build a little snack plate... or something. Full of cheeses, veggies, dips, crackers and whatever else looks fun. Oh, also required? A great bottle of wine and good music. Not kidding, this is one of the best ways I have ever spent Sunday nights before the start of a new work week.


Now, THIS? This really is exciting! I now call Justin Sir Juicer. Actually, I don't, but I should. So, one weekend in March, he says, "let's make nut butter." Um. Blink. What? I thought that this was one of his crazy ideas, so I said, "Ok, honey, whatever you say" and then continued to do whatever I was doing. Next thing you know? I have this contraption on my counter and he's pulling out all of the raw nuts we have in the house. And I'm all "YOU WERE SERIOUS." And then, "OH MY GOODNESS, NUT BUUUTTER," because if there is one thing I love it's nut butter. I slap myself a couple of times to make sure I'm not dreaming and then I realize that, no, this is my reality, and HOLY CRAP we are making NUT BUTTER (caps required for the excitement in this). I made some walnut/agave/cinnamon butter and Justin did a mixed nuts/peanut butter. SO good. I died and then came back to eat more nut butter. Apparently, Justin used to make TONS of his own nut butters and juiced all of the time which is why he has this whole get up. Pretty cool... and tasty.

After we realized that we could only make (and eat) so much nut butter, we started to juice. There's a ton of research backing up the benefits of juicing so we started to make our own juice (complete with green stuff, which the boys LOVE). The above is a picture of Sir Juicer with the "guts" of the juice after all of the juice is, well, juiced out by his lovely juicing machine. Pretty cool. And, I need to say: some of the best juice and nut butter I've ever had.

No comments: