Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Not the most brilliant idea in any regard...

I dropped a HUGE brand new jar of peanut butter on the concrete on my way into the house from the garage. It broke. Everyone who knows me and my intense love of peanut butter can figure out how sad I was. And why did it drop? Because you HAVE to get all of the groceries inside in one trip. DUH. It's like a little contest every time to see how loaded up you can get. What? Is that just me? Because I hate being in the freezing cold Seattle weather more than I have to be? Hmm. I'll entertain that option.

See. It did break. Big time. I wouldn't have cared if it was ANYTHING but peanut butter.

BUT, I decided, why not salvage it?! I mean, I am not one who really cares a whole lot about chucking food out if it needs to be. I don't feel compelled to keep it. Well. Apparently when a glass jar breaks there are tiny shards EVERYWHERE. You would think that given my penchant for not caring about throwing bad food out, I would just chuck the glass infested peanut butter. BUT I COULDN'T. I physically couldn't make myself throw out so much peanut butter. It was SO WEIRD. But, shortly, after a few glass chunk bites, I scrapped the whole salvaging idea. And promptly bought another jar. And only THEN did I feel ok about throwing out the glass chunk jar. Of COURSE. It was the natural progression based on the rule: the house must never not have peanut butter in it. Even if the peanut butter is taken over by little glass pieces.

No comments: