Saturday, May 8, 2010

Kristyn's graduation- May 8, 2010

Our second day in Tulsa had us up bright and early for Kristyn's graduation. I got up extra early to head to the hotel gym. We had about a half an hour so I got in about a 3.5 mile run. It felt SO good. The hotel gym was SO HOT though. It was probably a great detox but made running go a little bit slower. After working out, getting clean and eating breakfast, we headed over to the university of Tulsa for the graduation ceremony.

A picture of my cute brother and I waiting for it all to start.

A shot of the stage before everyone important marched in.

The university of Tulsa! Did I mention how much I LOVE being on college campuses? It's just one of those things that just make me happy. They are usually so old and just have these awesome vibes. I absolutely love it.

And a shot of the commencement program. Pretty fancy.

Nice group shot of our row. More family was in the row in front of us.

My cousin is the middle girl in this shot. I can't believe she GRADUATED. She's like my baby sister and I couldn't believe that she was already done with college! I was getting all teary. I swear, weddings and graduations and big milestones turn me into such a baby.

After the graduation, open the first present!

A shot of the whole family with the graduate herself.

And a shot of all of the cousins. Too bad I don't have a comparable from when we were little. That would be funny.

After the graduation, we went to a nice Italian restaurant in Tulsa called the Garlic Rose to celebrate more.

Timmy and I at lunch... we had champagne and wine that my aunt and uncle brought from the winery they go to in Napa (they live in San Francisco), appetizers, and GREAT Italian food as part of the celebration. I had a spinach/tomato/mozzarella salad and Tim had some sort of a pasta dish (great description, I know). We also had the most amazing cheesecake for dessert. Why didn't I take pictures of these things?? SO good. After sharing the meal with my family, we loaded up and got ready for the 5 hour drive back to Kansas City. We got back around 7pm or 8pm, packed up and set our alarm for NICE and early in the morning- 5am, which is 3am Seattle time- for our return flight to Seattle. Whirlwind of a weekend but great, nonetheless.

No comments: