Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Miss Bella returns from vacation

Not a Hawaii post, but related somewhat. I'm still trying to organize my life after returning from Hawaii and getting slammed back into the swing of things at work (which has been chaotic at best this week. I'm not kidding about the use of the word 'slammed.' It is most accurate). SO, Hawaii recap to come soon but for now, here's a little recap of Bella's doggie vacation.

This is Bella and her friend Kee. According to the staff out at the place she stayed, our girl is quite the energy ball. NO, YOU DON'T SAY. I didn't say it to them but I was chanting in my head, "I told you so! I told you so!" Another phrase that sticks out in my mind from her stay, "She's quite the character and doesn't stop- full of piss and vinegar the whole time." YUP, that's our girl.

Bella playing with her ball. This picture cracks me up because I can tell that she looks exhausted but is just pushing it to keep going and going. We are so lucky we found such a cool place to leave her. The dogs literally run all day AND we get the added bonus of the staff there emailing us these pictures while we are away. It was so nice to know that our puppy was doing well.

More pictures of Bella and her new friends.

Bella and her buddy Dixie. Apparently this was her new BFF for the entire 10 days she stayed there. And yes, she stayed 10 days. She was here for a day before and a day after we returned. It was kind of nice to be able to organize for the trip and return after the trip without having to worry about her.

I picked her up on Monday night and this was right after I brought her home. The staff told me when I picked her up that she would probably totally crash out because she didn't stop once for 10 straight days. Again, SHOCKING! She was SO excited to see me when I picked her up... probably because she knew she'd finally be able to relax and rest without having to be an ADD puppy because OMG THERE ARE SO MANY DOGS AND TOYS HERE! I MUST PLAY WITH THEM ALL... AT FULL ENERGY! EVERYONE MUST LOVE ME! So she went NUTS when she saw me, anticipating that she would finally be able to CHILL THE HELL OUT. Two minutes (no exaggeration) after being in the car? Could not hold her head up for the life of her. I had to wake her up to go inside to eat (which is when I snapped the above shot). She definitely needed to eat, though. Since she ran so much during the prior 10 days, she was looking quite skinny. Like, rib effect in full force. She's not sick so we think that all of the running just burned her food right off her.

Her new "scarf"from her new favorite home away from home.

And yep, the staff were right on. She did not really wake up (or want to wake up) for ALMOST TWO DAYS. I have never seen her like this EVER. It was HILARIOUS.
A sidenote: The place had called us during the time we were away because she had a growth on her head. I had noticed this before we took her there but I guess it had gotten kind of bad (though it didn't bother her at all). When I picked her up, I realized that it had almost tripled in size. UGH. So back to the vet we went... turns out that it's just a benign tumor that boxers are prone to that run a 4-6 week life cycle of growth and then shrink up and go away. Phew. For a second there since she was so NOT our dog by sleeping so much, I thought that we'd gotten a different dog back. Nope, she's still ours... frequent trips to the vet proved it.
I took her back to the happy hound hotel today because I am at a client in the dirty south of Seattle (read: an hour drive each way...or more with traffic. How did I do a commute like this in Phoenix? WOW) and Tim is working so I needed a place for her to stay. She awakened from her two day slumber INSTANTLY when we pulled in. It was hysterical. The staff there said, "Wow, she recovered quite nicely!" as Bella is bounding around trying to show everyone how happy she is to be there. Our little ball of energy absolutely loves the happy hound hotel. It's so comforting to know that when we are away, she is happy. And well taken care of. And loved. And still ready to come home to us at the end of it all.

No comments: